• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] AI heroes and custom spells

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
So, I've created a custom hero kit for paladin-style hero, consisting of holy light (default), shockwave-based hammer strike and big bad voodoo-based mass invulnerability.

Question is -- how do I make a custom hero unit (with this kit) to behave? I have tried thus far:
1. Create a hero unit for player 2 (with basic melee AI). Set his level to 10, level up all the abilities given at least once. Also, create several footmen for him (so that there would be a reason to use voodoo).
Result: hero uses holy light and hammer strike.
2. Create a hero unit for Neutral Hostile. Set his level to 10, level up all the abilities given at least once. Also, create several footmen for him (so that there would be a reason to use voodoo).
Result: hero uses holy light and hammer strike.

I also have tried to set up custom AI through both melee settings (won't allow me to customize usage of my custom spells) and AI editor (tried to create AI for "custom" race with my custom hero, but he's not in a dropdown list).

So, any ideas what I'm missing? How to force my paladin to use his invulnerability at least semi-adequate? Do I need to write custom trigger to force him? I would rather go AI route, but it seems my options have run dry.

Level 2
For the AI to cast the spells the right conditions need to apply. Is the Paladin surrounded by many allied units taking damage? That should trigger (at least the Neutral Hostile player) to cast the ability.
Well, that's what footmen are there for. They seem to be taking damage all right and kinda surround him (except that he's also in the front line, being melee hero and all). Do you think I have to make him ranged so he would be at the back lines, and therefore meeting the conditions?

Status
Not open for further replies.