1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

AI Editor

Discussion in 'General Mapping Tutorials' started by VeljkoM, Apr 1, 2010.

1. Boris_Spider

Boris_Spider

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    As VeljkoM said, it's probably a bad condition.

Try using this condition:

Condition Type: Integer Comparison:
    Total Units of Type: Orc Burrow [Includes those currently being constructed]
    Comparison Operator: Less than or Equal to
    Value: <Max # of units you want to allow>

You can also use Total Units of Type - By Town to determine the max per town if you want.

Make sure your AI script is the only one running.

//\\oo//\\

2. map designer

map designer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    yes I think so,I used no condition for building the orc borrows,but shouldn't the AI just build the number I give(in the building section).if not so that means if I let him build 10 grunts and 1 orc raider ,then the orc raider died he may not necessarily build the raider ,but maybe he build a grunt unless I put condition for that, true?and also means that he have to build millions of towns,towers barracks and every thing,but I only see this with orc borrows,not with barracks for examaple,why is that?how does it exactly work with building the units?
    this also has just happened to the human AI I made with the scout towers,but yet not with the undead

3. VeljkoM

VeljkoM

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Well you said you are editing Grunt Master AI perhaps it has conditions that you contradicted with your editing.

4. Boris_Spider

Boris_Spider

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Can you pastebin your AI?

It may make finding your problem easier. As for your burrows, you may need to add a condition similar or identical to the one I posted.

//\\oo//\\

5. map designer

map designer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    here are the orc and human AIs. remember that the orcs build masses of orc borrows and humans build masses of scout towers
    thank you

Attached Files:

• AIs.7z
      File size:
      3.7 KB
      Views:
  6. Boris_Spider

Boris_Spider

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I can't open it. Can you send me the data file, or better yet the map?

//\\oo//\\

7. map designer

map designer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    and how would I do that? when I try to upload the AI without compressing it says ''error'' so compressed it to 7z
    here is the map anyway
    last time I played with it,nothing was wrong,i don't know what really is happening.

Attached Files:

8. Boris_Spider

Boris_Spider

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    All right, I got access to the scripts. It'll probably be a day or two before I can work on finding the problem. Worse case scenario I'll get to it this weekend. Feel free to start spamming my VMs if you haven't heard from me by the end of Sunday (I'm on Eastern time, btw).

At a glance, it looks like you're getting the same problem I did with my AI in regards to the Human mass towers. When the Scout tower is upgraded into a Guard Tower, the AI detects that it needs to replace the lost scout tower. Basically, it doesn't recognize the upgraded unit. All in all you should be getting 14 scout towers that upgrade into 14 guard towers, but they're getting replaced as they upgrade. You should end up with 28 towers total if you let it run (assuming the AI doesn't run out of build space, AI bases have a max size radius of about 4 of the large squares on the WE grid. Trees, cliffs, unbuildable areas further shrink the amount of usable space.

Only towers and food buildings seem to do this, the others upgrade without problems in my experience. Adding this condition should fix the problem:

[Arithmatic as main function]
    [B]Total number units of type: Scout Towers[/B] + Total number of units of type: Guard Towers Less than 21

I strongly recommend experimenting with Conditions in the editor for the mean time. Do random changes to the AE on a seperate test map and see what happens.

Priorities on their own don't make a good AI, conditions do. No conditions will probably crash the AI, or worse, the map. If you'd like an idea of what I'm talking about, download this map and look through the AI build order I have set up. It may help reveal other problems you could have. I'll explain fully when I have some time.

Happy hunting.

//\\^^//\\

9. map designer

map designer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    can I make the AI hire specific types of mercenaries?

10. map designer

map designer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I made the conditions, still no use and the game started to lag.
    one time I tried playing against 2 insane
    one of them(the yellow) was building too many orc burrows,the other one plays normally.when I destroyed most of his base he then started to play normally and doing all the upgrade.
    unfortunately, I edited the map and the reply no longer works.

11. Boris_Spider

Boris_Spider

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The lagging indicates that the AI is repeatedly trying to do the same thing over and over again. I did a test run and didn't see anything out of the ordinary. Then again, I had the god cheat on and both AI were constantly attacking me only and thus didn't build normally...

I still have the ver of the map you sent me if you lost your back-up. If you like I can send it to you or edit your AI (add conditions) then send it to you and see if that fixes your problem.

A little off topic, the Orcs are heavily favored to win with access to the most durable ground units in the game, especially since ground is typically only weak to flyers.

//\\oo//\\

12. map designer

map designer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I think I got the error.
    I remember once trying this AI(grunt master without editing) on 10 player map.They were me and nine computers.And now I really remember that continuous lag happening some time later in the game.There must some kind of error in AI itself even before I edit it.
    anyway thank you for your help and responses.

13. gronkut

gronkut

Resources:
    Resources:
    map make

please help me, how can i extract the custon unit?!
    it's copy unit? please help me!!!

and sorry my vad english ;)

14. Boris_Spider

Boris_Spider

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Export the Object data out of the Object Editor to your desktop. Then import that Object data into your AI Editor. You'll have access to all custom units/data you need.

You will have a hard time changing hero abilities after you do this, be sure you won't change what abilities your heroes have before you import the data.

//\\oo//\\

15. leviathan221

leviathan221

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm making a Naga AI but the units are not swimming in the water. If you put the base on an island they aren't doing anything they just standing there. Please help.

16. VeljkoM

VeljkoM

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Only thing that comes to my mind is that you might have forgotten to add swimming (amphibious walking) to the units.

17. leviathan221

leviathan221

Resources:
    Resources:
    @VeljkoM I used the original Naga units of Warcraft 3 I tried everything and they still standing on the same spot.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2011
  18. VeljkoM

VeljkoM

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Well better send me the map to see it I guess, I tested my naga and they had no problem with swimming. Though at the moment I am only thinking that maybe AI was not turned on for example or something else is blocking their building order.

19. leviathan221

leviathan221

Resources:
    Resources:
  20. VeljkoM

VeljkoM

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Ok first use pastebin not public map section.

Well I think you confused AI since he is tasked to train lady Vashj which he can't also AI doesn't have instruction to use Heroes. Also think Ai is confused since many of the units are already placed so it is possible that they took the populations space needed for units from training list. As for units not swimming I only noticed slaves getting stuck, the rest units that were trained were swimming while those already placed were confused.