• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[AI] AI Editor help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I've been trying to use the Blizzard AI editor to make custom AI - just experimenting at the moment. however, trying to insert a custom Ai stops all peasants(or their equivalent) from building. the attack groups work and the heroes use their custom skills which i've made.....but no buildings are made or units are produced.
I tried making an AI just for the normal races as they are, but this buggers up the peasants too...they just stand there, or in some cases they'll gather resources... but never build, and buildings won't produce units.
Is this me being stupid? has anyone used the Blizz AI ed? I haven't got a hope of learning scripting languages really, so i was counting on getting some mileage from the official thang.
oh yeah, i did give all teams resources so no probs with that or food limits. Plus i ran the 'use custom AI trigger' in various ways, with and without 'start melee AI' and 'create starting units' and anything else i could think of....
any ideas out there?

Level 4
It had happened to me once, but I discover that when you give the AI more resources they actually do build. Not sure if AI uses more resources than normal player. Try giving AI more resources like 5000 wood, gold eg. Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.