1. The contestants were to create water structures for the 20th Terraining Contest. Choose one in the public poll!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Join other hivers in a friendly concept-art contest. The contestants have to create a genie coming out of its container. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Melee Mapping Contest #4: 2v2 - Results are out! Step by to congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We're hosting the 15th Mini-Mapping Contest with YouTuber Abelhawk! The contestants are to create a custom map that uses the hidden content within Warcraft 3 or is inspired by any of the many secrets within the game.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice

The AI Editor

Discussion in 'JASS/AI Scripts Tutorials' started by Av3n, Dec 29, 2006.

1. Ardnived

Ardnived

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    ah excellent, thank :smile:

2. CyberDuelX16

CyberDuelX16

Resources:
    Resources:
    Finally! Ages have i been looking how to make this almost freaking impossible to make custom AI for my map! I have made a custom Town AI for my map and can anyone help me to test it if it can work Online by hosting it? Such a pitty i cant host, thank you for this tutorial!

3. Ardnived

Ardnived

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    A better place to ask for help testing is the Chat or the Map Development Forum

4. Dark Hunter1357

Dark Hunter1357

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    How to make the ai upgrate a building ? I make a build oder: Scout Tower and after that a build oder Guard Tower, but it doesn't work... The ai build the scout tower only.
    And how to export custom data from a map, if its not in a campaing ?

5. Av3n

Av3n

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Exporting object data from a map is in the [file] tab and there should be export Object Data option.

For the guard tower... Did you get the AI to build a lumber Mill first?

-Av3n

6. Dark Hunter1357

Dark Hunter1357

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Ops.... I forgot... sorry then and tank you.

7. 3rgytr54

3rgytr54

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Great! just one thing i caught...
    Condtion then ture or flase --> should be --> Condition then true or false

8. Av3n

Av3n

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Spelling errors bleh, but at least it represents Conditions in a way. Cause people ain't complaining

-Av3n

9. Section

Section

Resources:
    Resources:
    I want to ask something. Are AI functions/conditions (such as Hero Retreat and Slow Gathering) can be used in custom AI?

10. Av3n

Av3n

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Define what mean by "custom AI"

-Av3n

11. SanKakU

SanKakU

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    i want to learn the making ai for a tag style map...but now i'm not in a hurry, and by the way, don't know if anyone mentioned it, but some of your spelling in the tutorial is really bad, please fix it! like captain and true and false, you put captian over and over again, and ture and flase.

12. Av3n

Av3n

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yeah I'm too lazy to change it, no one has really mind about the spelling errors.

For making an ai for a tag map you'll have to use "triggered AI" and not wc3 one, because the wc3 one is designed for melee. Though you can import a .ai script customized with both common.j and common.ai (Not sure about this one) functions to run on a computer player.

-Av3n

13. SoTAL

SoTAL

Resources:
    Resources:
    I've made a custom melee map, also made an AI in the editor. My AI builds up a base, gets units, then does nothing but harvest. There's 2 things about it that buggers me.
    1: Why doesn't the AI build more than ~15-20 units? I've made it so that all the units they're supposed to build costs 0 food, and all the right buildings are in place...
    2: Whatever I do, they won't attack. Me or eachother. I use the standard Undead race, so that shouldn't be a problem. What do I do? Attack waves? Priorities?
    Please...

14. Av3n

Av3n

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Attack waves... You forgot to add attack waves.

Maybe perhaps you should see how 'fast' the AI gathers, or perhaps its your attack group which is 20 units.

Overall _it_ should work if your custom melee map uses the _warcraft 3 mechanics_

-Av3n

15. SoTAL

SoTAL

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah, but when i try to add more attack waves, it just crashes when i try to import it into the map...
    I've never understood how attack waves works, really.
    How many attack waves should i have? I currently just use the "all units"group, is it necessary to have more of 'em?

Last edited: Nov 25, 2008
  16. Av3n

Av3n

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Not really, but you should check if you got the right unit types in the all units group.

I suggest you look at the AIs that blizzard included in warcraft. (Gruntmaster + Wyrm Moger (However the last word is spelt)). To see how it works, it has been years since I worked with the WE AI Editor

-Av3n

17. SoTAL

SoTAL

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah, i have the right units.
    OK, I'll check those out, thanks.

18. DEA

DEA

Resources:
    Resources:
    I have problem with AI path. All is working just fine, but I hate when Wave are attacking first what they see and then are returning to base. Why they are not continue the path and fighting to the end of the wave, but kill first enemy at path and going home?

19. Av3n

Av3n

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Do you have Group Flees option turned on? Try disabling that and turn on Units Flee and Heroes Flee option instead and see what happens.

-Av3n

20. DEA

DEA

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nothing happen! May please me tell how you're doing AI for Custom map. I tried use flees, but too nothing happen (usually I dont use flees at all). I dont know or I'm wrong in "Attacking" or in "General".