• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help on Custom Race AI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Help on Custom Race AI (still unsolved)

I wanted to make an AI using the AI editor, but it doesn't seem to run at all. What I'm shooting for is a sort of different style of gameplay in which players don't have a "townhall" but build houses to produce more units. The starting units are one worker and one house. That worker can gather enough wood to build a second house and make a second worker. From there it basically snowballs until the player can build up a whole city and attack other cities.

The AI build tab currently looks like this:
House
Worker
House
Worker
House
Barracks
Soldier

But, the AI just seems to get stuck at just harvesting wood as if the AI didn't start at all.
I've already taken off melee AI scripts and used a trigger to start the custom AI. Am I using the AI editor wrong? Am I missing something?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.