1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Prevent player from changing race

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by Erkki2, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Erkki2

Erkki2

Resources:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Hello! Is there a way to prevent players from changing race in game creation, without limiting players' ability to change teams or colour? I have some custom races on my map, so the race selection is done through a dialog in game. It wouldn't really matter which race the player originally has, but my AI doesn't work if the race is night elf, and I therefore I want to prevent players from selecting night elf.

About the AI issue (irrelevant, but in case someone is curious): I have 4 custom races and a custom AI for each. If the player has any other race than night elf, I can replace starting units with custom ones of any race and start the corresponding AI and everything works. If the player is night elf, the workers will start to gather wood and will never build.

2. Warseeker

Warseeker

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Do you have enough resources?

3. Erkki2

Erkki2

Resources:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Yes I do.

EDIT: It seems I remembered the issue incorrectly. What really happens, is that if the player is not night elf, the AI harvests wood and builds, but doesn't gather gold. If the player is night elf, the AI only gathers gold and builds, but doesn't harvest lumber. So it seems there's something wrong with the AI. Anyway, I find it strange that race affects AI behaviour.

EDIT2: I somehow managed to get it to work by changing harvest priorities. I'm sure I already did that earlier, weird...

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
  4. Legal_Ease

Legal_Ease

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It's in player properties on the main tool bar. You can set races there so that they cannot be changed.

5. Erkki2

Erkki2

Resources:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Unless I check "fixed player settings", race can still be changed. And I can't check that without also checking "use custom forces".