• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

AI and Custom Units Problems

Level 7
Well, a few days ago, I had already asked how to create an AI with custom units, everything was fine and worked as expected until this problem arose. In short, the custom units that I have created in the editor are displayed correctly, including the custom skills that I have added to them, the problem is that when starting the test, these skills are completely reset, causing the AI Script not to works as it should. I attach here the screenshots where you can see that in the editor, the "Draenei Shelter" structure can train a "Draenei Worker" and that a "Draenei Worker" can build multiple structures. The problem is that in the game, these abilities are completely reset, and the "Draenei Shelter" cannot create anything, as if it had not been assigned any trainable units, and that the "Draenei Worker" shows the icons correctly, but the structures that it can build are the default ones of humans, this means that the AI that it creates cannot be executed.

DRAENEI SHELTER ON EDITOR
Help.png

DRAENEI SHELTER IN GAME
Help3.png

DRAENEI WORKER ON EDITOR
Help2.png

DRAENEI WORKER IN GAME
Help4.png

The current version I play with is 1.36.1.20719.

Another problem is that, testing if it was an AI-only problem, (Before discovering that the custom units are not being modified correctly) I tried to create a basic orc AI without custom units, just giving generic orders, and this does not work either, remaining collecting resources and without building or entering, at a certain point it works partially, being that if I leave some units pre-placed, it uses them to launch a wave of attack as I have programmed, but then, it does not train units, nor call its heroes.

Any idea of what might be going on, I'll listen.

Attachments

• Help2.png
    Help2.png
    26 KB · Views: 3
If you have used custom imports check the asset manager and make sure the filesize on them isn't 0.

Looking at the pictures, I'm not sure what the problem could be other than make sure that in the advanced settings the unit is available for training. Double check the units placed are the same as the ones in the editor etc.

Level 20
Also, I've seen custom buildings refusing to have changes (like abilities, units trained etc.) made for a single map in a campaign : the pink (map) part is automatically reverted to the blue (campaign) version whenever you save and exit worldedit or in the game. No idea why since it's very inconsistent. (on patch 1.27)

Now you have triple posted, please quote and reply to everyone within a single post not multiple, this is very untidy, use the edit button and combine the posts please :)

So the imports are all fine then and show the correct filesize?

At this point the only other thing I can recommend would be sending the file to someone to check out themselves as I don't really know what else to suggest.

Level 7
Now you have triple posted, please quote and reply to everyone within a single post not multiple, this is very untidy, use the edit button and combine the posts please :)

So the imports are all fine then and show the correct filesize?

At this point the only other thing I can recommend would be sending the file to someone to check out themselves as I don't really know what else to suggest.

Sure.

Also, I've seen custom buildings refusing to have changes (like abilities, units trained etc.) made for a single map in a campaign : the pink (map) part is automatically reverted to the blue (campaign) version whenever you save and exit worldedit or in the game. No idea why since it's very inconsistent. (on patch 1.27)
I have no idea, i "FIXED" just making new custom units.

It's a no brainer but you've exported your object editor data and imported it into the AI manager right?
Yes, and then, i deside to just remake the units and not import

View attachment 457492
It would appear red cannot train these units because of this if you were testing it by playing as red and building the buildings this would appear to be the source of the issue, upon ticking these boxes and testing the map, the units were trainable.

I check that and now it shows the units on the building structures, but, they still on default presets, so i just remake the entire race and now kinda works, now i just have AI problems as allways.

btw, sorry for asking, you know how to import custom textures? for the basic units, i tried and the only result i get is a green error block, i made for myself some custom texture for some custom models i got, but they dont work. if you can linkme a resent tutorial or teachme i will be greatfull. (sorry broken english im half dead trying to make this work XD)

I check that and now it shows the units on the building structures, but, they still on default presets, so i just remake the entire race and now kinda works, now i just have AI problems as allways.

btw, sorry for asking, you know how to import custom textures? for the basic units, i tried and the only result i get is a green error block, i made for myself some custom texture for some custom models i got, but they dont work. if you can linkme a resent tutorial or teachme i will be greatfull. (sorry broken english im half dead trying to make this work XD)
Well the training and description tooltips were unedited so ofc they looked the same but it was definitely the right units.

For importing textures you just need to import the texture and then set the path to the correct path. For example if you import a texture for the footman you would import the skin and then set the path to "Textures\Footman.blp" for most custom models the texture path is usually just the texture name with the "War3mapImported\" deleted.