• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Agony

Reactions: deepstrasz
Agony is a short music only cinematic. The music used is performed by Maia Hirasawa and the song is entitled The Worrying Kind.

The cinematics theme is love and it revolves around the love of a man and a woman towards their child.

Cinematic made by bounty hunter2
Contents

Agony (Map)

Reviews
21:17, 26th June 2009, by Linaze Agony is a music cinematic with the song the Worrying Kind playing in the background as you see the flashbacks of the life of a man and his wife. The camera work was rather good, and there was almost always some...

M

21:17, 26th June 2009, by Linaze
Agony is a music cinematic with the song the Worrying Kind playing in the background as you see the flashbacks of the life of a man and his wife.

The camera work was rather good, and there was almost always some camera movement going on and the camera never felt too stiff at all.

The terrain could've used some improvements when it comes to tile variation, and some places could've looked better with some more doodads, especially of the environmental kind.

There was much movement going on in the cinematic, a battle scene, a man running around etc. small things, but it made the cinematic more "lively" and more entertaining to watch.

The map follows the Hive's rules, has been scanned for viruses and doesn't crash.

Overall, the cinematic was entertaining and decent enough, even though the terrain could be a bit improved.

Approved with a 3/5 (Useful) rating.

Level 18
Best wc3 cinematic this far!

It's not the best. That's for sure. But thanks on the support! ^_^

How com? Best are from Jaako........

From Jaako? Hmmm I don't know... No really if you want to watch good cinematics:

Thanks on the comments!

Last edited:
Level 4
Well after watching this cinematic i understood that i didnt understood anything;
1. No logic in happening . No Main Author Idea
2. They loved each other and had a son? Then orcs came and killed the son and enslaved the woman and killed the father?- Touching story
3. I only understood what was it about when the text came.
4. Nice terrain.

Level 24
Agony is a music cinematic with the song the Worrying Kind playing in the background as you see the flashbacks of the life of a man and wife.

The camera work was good enough, and it didn't feel as though the camera was stiff at many times at all. Another good thing was that the cameras were moving slowly that fit with the cinematic's theme and the music that was played.

The terrain wasn't that good, and the main problem regarding the terrain was the fact that it lacked tile variation, the village is one good example of this, where nearly only the rock texture was used. There could also be some more environmental doodads here and there, and the snow scene could use some more doodads overall, as well as the battle scene.

The storyline was simple, but in this case I think it should be that way, as the cinematic is rather short. I liked how you saw flashbacks of the man and woman's life together.

There were quite a lot of movement going on which contributed to making the cinematic feel less stiff, a good example of this is the battle scene where two armies charge against the other.

There were some typos in the ending text that should be fixed, but this is of course nothing major as you still understood the meaning.

To summarize, the cinematic had good camera work that didn't feel stiff at all, the terrain was lacking tile variation and some doodads but was overall approvable, the storyline was rather simple but fit well for a short cinematic like this one, another thing that made the cinematic less stiff was that there were some kind of movement going on almost in every scene, there were a few typos/grammar errors in the ending text, but it was still readable.

3/5 (Useful) and voted for approval.

Last edited: