1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Agony

Submitted by bounty hunter2
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Agony is a short music only cinematic. The music used is performed by Maia Hirasawa and the song is entitled The Worrying Kind.

The cinematics theme is love and it revolves around the love of a man and a woman towards their child.

Cinematic made by bounty hunter2
Contents

Agony (Map)

Reviews
21:17, 26th June 2009, by Linaze Agony is a music cinematic with the song the Worrying Kind playing in the background as you see the flashbacks of the life of a man and his wife. The camera work was rather good, and there was almost always some...
  1. 21:17, 26th June 2009, by Linaze
    Agony is a music cinematic with the song the Worrying Kind playing in the background as you see the flashbacks of the life of a man and his wife.

The camera work was rather good, and there was almost always some camera movement going on and the camera never felt too stiff at all.

The terrain could've used some improvements when it comes to tile variation, and some places could've looked better with some more doodads, especially of the environmental kind.

There was much movement going on in the cinematic, a battle scene, a man running around etc. small things, but it made the cinematic more "lively" and more entertaining to watch.

The map follows the Hive's rules, has been scanned for viruses and doesn't crash.

Overall, the cinematic was entertaining and decent enough, even though the terrain could be a bit improved.

Approved with a 3/5 (Useful) rating.

2. Vuormalainen

Vuormalainen

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Best wc3 cinematic this far!

3. ThePanda

ThePanda

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    How com? Best are from Jaako.........

4. bounty hunter2

bounty hunter2

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It's not the best. That's for sure. But thanks on the support! ^_^

From Jaako? Hmmm I don't know... No really if you want to watch good cinematics:

Thanks on the comments!

Last edited: Mar 29, 2009
  5. ThePanda

ThePanda

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I ve this problem....... i dl cinematics but i can watch them..... any. They are not there in the folders where i dl them. Seems some kind of wrong format. Does anybody have a clue how to fix this?

6. bounty hunter2

bounty hunter2

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I do not really know. Try searching for them here and downloading them it might work.

7. ThePanda

ThePanda

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I mean i dl from here other guys cinematics

8. bounty hunter2

bounty hunter2

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I do not know, try changing your download folder etc. But let's keep the discussion out of this topic, if it's a bug you can always report it to the bug report forum.

9. ThePanda

ThePanda

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ok dude ty

10. Septimus

Septimus

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    This resources was submitted for cinematic contest and was confirm to have a acceptable quality and working fine by me. I do not think it would have any trouble to get approval at all.

11. ThePanda

ThePanda

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well after watching this cinematic i understood that i didnt understood anything;
    1. No logic in happening . No Main Author Idea
    2. They loved each other and had a son? Then orcs came and killed the son and enslaved the woman and killed the father?- Touching story
    3. I only understood what was it about when the text came.
    4. Nice terrain.

12. bounty hunter2

bounty hunter2

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The cinematic is showing flashes from their lives:

*Spoiler Alert*
    - First, the battle against the orcs, where the men was killed, and the woman enslaved
    - Before that we can see them at their sons grave
    - Than we see how the son died
    - Than we see when they got married
    - Then it ends

Thanks on the comment.

13. KingB00ker

KingB00ker

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Nice terrain

No point and the unit's animation and movement is bad.
    I think you don't mind everything except the facing of the head.

IMO this resource deserves to be approved.

2/5

14. Linaze

Linaze

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Agony is a music cinematic with the song the Worrying Kind playing in the background as you see the flashbacks of the life of a man and wife.

The camera work was good enough, and it didn't feel as though the camera was stiff at many times at all. Another good thing was that the cameras were moving slowly that fit with the cinematic's theme and the music that was played.

The terrain wasn't that good, and the main problem regarding the terrain was the fact that it lacked tile variation, the village is one good example of this, where nearly only the rock texture was used. There could also be some more environmental doodads here and there, and the snow scene could use some more doodads overall, as well as the battle scene.

The storyline was simple, but in this case I think it should be that way, as the cinematic is rather short. I liked how you saw flashbacks of the man and woman's life together.

There were quite a lot of movement going on which contributed to making the cinematic feel less stiff, a good example of this is the battle scene where two armies charge against the other.

There were some typos in the ending text that should be fixed, but this is of course nothing major as you still understood the meaning.

To summarize, the cinematic had good camera work that didn't feel stiff at all, the terrain was lacking tile variation and some doodads but was overall approvable, the storyline was rather simple but fit well for a short cinematic like this one, another thing that made the cinematic less stiff was that there were some kind of movement going on almost in every scene, there were a few typos/grammar errors in the ending text, but it was still readable.

3/5 (Useful) and voted for approval.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2009
  15. bounty hunter2

bounty hunter2

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Thanks on the nice review. Thou I won't be improving this anymore, since I don't have the motivation, reading a positive review is always nice. Thanks.

16. naitsirk

naitsirk

Resources:
    Resources:
    I can't hear the music while i was watching it... Any1 else got this problem?? I only heard background

never mind... I found out why:p

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2012
  17. Cyper95

Cyper95

Resources:
    Resources:
    use the edit button instead of double posting

18. clm222

clm222

Resources:
    Resources:
    :con:Interesting...

19. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    There are visual artistry and some really good camera shots.
    I didn't really get why some Archers and Blood Elf Lieutenants were pure black.