• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Adding particles to a model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
I am working on an Ashbringer attachment and I wanted to add a glow to the coin floating over the sword blade but I can't get it to work and I don't find any good tutorials :/ I just want a simple glow.

This is how it looks after I tried to add the glow:

attachment.php

This is how it should look:

attachment.php

As you can see the glow even ended up on a completely different place...

Attachments

• imageshack.jpg
    imageshack.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 304
  • imageshack2.jpg
    imageshack2.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 329
Level 30
Okay It doesn't show the glow in-game :/
attachment.php

The glow is shown in Magos when I play "stand" animation so it's like the model is not playing its' "stand" animation in the game

attachment.php

Here you can see what I have typed in the Node- and Material edit:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• imageshack.jpg
    imageshack.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 119
  • imageshack2.jpg
    imageshack2.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 110
  • imageshack3.jpg
    imageshack3.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 140
  • imageshack4.jpg
    imageshack4.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 123
Level 30
Ye I thought so too and it makes me even more confused :( It really seems like its right but that the model doesn't somehow know that it supposed to call the stand animation in wich the glow exist :S I'm not skilled with modeling with particles so I don't really know what could be wrong :(

Ye I thought so too and it makes me even more confused :( It really seems like its right but that the model doesn't somehow know that it supposed to call the stand animation in wich the glow exist :S I'm not skilled with modeling with particles so I don't really know what could be wrong :(

Mind Linking your model real fast?

Level 10
i think the particles might be a little too small to show ingame, thats what happened to mine when it was about your size, it was like 15 on all of them and it barely showed ingame when i was way up close, so that may be the problem, it might look silly in the modeleditor, but cahnces are its smaller in game.

Status
Not open for further replies.