• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Adding Models with skins?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi,
I'm mapping now since 3 years with worldedit, but its the first time I'm using custom models for a map...
But only the models packed to 1 file are working!!!
The models with 2 files (mdx and blp) aren't working!
I found out on myself, that the second files propably are skin files for the models, but i dont know how to combine them...

Thx for answers!

Level 21
You should read a tutorial in the tutorial section on how to import a model correctly, but here's the basics:

You import all .blp and .mdx files into your map. Next, you need to change the paths of your imported skins to the correct paths. To edit the path, simply double click the .blp file in the import manager and change the path.
To know what the path should be, you must check the model section. For example: if you try to import this model, you'll notice this in the url:
Skins

1. SDKFZ251.blp
2. Textures\CloudSingleBlend.blp
3. Units\Creeps\HeroTinker\HeroTinkerTank.blp

SDKFZ251.blp is marked in red, which means it's a custom skin. So, you double click "war3mapimported\SDKFZ251.blp" and edit the path to "SDKFZ251.blp" by removing the "war3mapimported\.
Next you save the map and restart WE. The model should now show up correctly.

Level 6
You will have to change the path for the .blp file in the import manager. You will find those pathes either on the dl page of the model or if you can get em with the wc3viewer.

Go to the impport manager, click the blp, set properties, check use costume path, insert the correct patch, done.

Edit: Huh Eleandor was faster *sub*

Status
Not open for further replies.