• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Add custom objects while keeping existing material

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
I'm planning on making a simple tool which will allow hivers to import custom objects yet keep their existing object and modifications

if this already exists I haven't seen it and I don't know why no one has tried creating one because it should be quite simple.

I'm planning to create this system to boost map production and alleviate a problem that has been around for a while.

but!!!! I'm also creating it because if I succeed, guaranteed some unpleasant person is going to hijack the program and say I don't know how to program, just so they can use the same code for a slightly modified rework.

which is why I'm going to encrypt the fried noodles out of my code in order to test just how good my anti hack techniques are(which I've opened many threads on)

Take it as a challenge if I fail, but since I already have some of the code.....don't count on it

Status
Not open for further replies.