• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Achievement system (improvement for Warden project)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello, Rufus!

Let me try to explain how it will looks like (for me). I don`t know how hard it will be to create such system, so please do not hate me :p

A problem I am having is rewards though.
The only rewards I have currently, is bonus stats (plus Damage, Health, Regeneration, DMGX), and a few ability upgrades (such as faster dashes, lower cd on stun). However, those ability upgrades needs to go at specific moments in the game, so the only thing I can reward for such achivements as clearing a map in master mode, is extra stats.
Perhaps though, I could make it so you can play bonus maps if you manage master mode or something. :)

If you have ideas for rewards, let me know! :)
I don`t think that such kind of bonuses will be usefull. We are talking about interesting and hard challenges, but such bonuses as "Damage, Health etc" will make game easier.

Let`s start ;)
I think about content rewards or even skills. But I like you idea with code. Let`s try to mix them, your idea and mine:
1) Complete the achievement, get the code for +50 Gold (for example). Some codes will give you 10 Gold (easy one). Some will give 100 or even 200.
2) In Dark Depths location, somewhere in tha tunnels labyrinth, you can find hidden Store. Where you can buy an additional Skin for your hero. Like zombie slayer or something else :infl_thumbs_up:
But the cost of this Skin will be more than 1000+ Gold. It means you need to complete a lot of challenges to get these codes.
Or 2+ Skins with a different cost. From 1 000 to 10 000:razz:
Or even new weapon in Shalis hands, just a funny model maybe.
I want to say that you can sell content stuff as a bonuses. Any you want. Beautiful auras, Wings and etc.
3) Create more challanges that will depends on these content stuff from #2. Like:
Kill the final boss with Toy Hammer (Toy Hammer in Shalis hands: long range, fast speed, much longer than usual, but only 1-2-3 damage per hit).
Such achievements will give more Gold. Or, As I said before, they can give you a special skills. For example you can activate abitily to see invisible units and objects. With this ability you can find Hidden NPC who will give additional quest(s) or just a hidden store where you can buy epic stuff.

So, you can add some buffs, bonuses or even debuffs (like Toy Hammer) to these content stuff.

The End!

You can start hate me :pir:

Oh, I forgot to tell you about the "bad" part of this story:
All these codes will be used by other players, who found them in "Google". So, I think, you need to make them unique for each player.

Or... just forget about it :D Make a game for honest players ;)

Last edited:
Level 26
I can't hate you.
This is awesome!

Oh, I forgot to tell you about the "bad" part of this story:
All these codes will be used by other players, who found them in "Google". So, I think, you need to make them unique for each player.

Or... just forget about it :D Make a game for honest players ;)
Yup.
I think there's not too much damage of those being able to be checked up.
If they do, thay haven't been playing honstely, but I don't really care about that. I just care for them having fun. :)

So, if I understand you right, you are mostly suggesting cosmetic rewards.
That could work.

I don't think those skins and such should be available in submaps though, as you will not be able to return to those later. Rather purchaseable in the overmaps.
Skins for the Warden is hard, I think. I don't think it is possible to change a skin on a model in the middle of a game. It could work if you import a copy of the warden model with other skin paths though.
I will see if that is worth the filesize and loading time it will take.

Weapons can be managed easier.
That might actaully work out really well. Attackspeed is not a great example, because a few stats is just irritating if they are altered (Movement speed and attack speed), but the weapons could have effects, such as extra fire damage every third strike, or a chance to summon a supporting ghost wolf for example.
Those weapons won't add a lot of damage or so, but it will increase the stats slightly, and add cool cosmetic efffects.

Other addons such as the auras and wings you suggested could work aswell. :)

If you have ideas for achivements, list them here!
Ideas for weapons and rewards are also very much welcome.

Achivements
  • Solen's Sanctuary
    • Clear the hard version of the tile puzzle.
    • Defeat Solen without dying once.
    • Clear the map in under 10 minutes.

Rewards
  • Hellfire Blade - Creates a burst of flame that causes your attack to deal double damage every five attacks.
  • Amulet of the Alphawolf - Has a 5% chance to create a ghost wolf to fight by your side up to ten seconds when attacking.
  • Different Skins!

Last edited:
Level 3
I don't think those skins and such should be available in submaps though, as you will not be able to return to those later. Rather purchaseable in the overmaps.
Skins for the Warden is hard, I think. I don't think it is possible to change a skin on a model in the middle of a game. It could work if you import a copy of the warden model with other skin paths though.
I will see if that is worth the filesize and loading time it will take.

Yeah... maybe not purchasable stuff but purchase a code for it. And you can activate it in any other map you want.

I still think that some achievements should depend on these rewards. For example: Kill 5 adds with a Ghost Wolf (Amulet of the Alphawolf).

Standart achievements:
  • Dark Depths
    • Collect 500+ Gold
    • Leave the cave labyrinth in 40 turns (or more?)
    • Leave the cave labyrinth in 5 minutes
    • Or even... Kill yourself with explosion :D
    • Kill all tentacles without killing healing monster (with a big HP regen aura)
    • And the same... Defeat the boss without dying once
  • Forest Temple
    • Complete the music labyrinth without fails (in 6 turns?)
    • Indestructible - hit the statue 100 times (just for fun?)
    • Clear the map with "X"+ Soul stones
    • Clear the map without dying once
    • Catch all whispers in the first location in 30sec

Level 26
I still think that some achievements should depend on these rewards. For example: Kill 5 adds with a Ghost Wolf (Amulet of the Alphawolf).
Yeah, that could defenitely be happening. :)

Indestructible - hit the statue 100 times (just for fun?)
Those kind of rewards can be fun, but I want to check how hard/easy it will be to create those achivements first before adding a bunch.

Most of those achivements are good otherwise. :)

Level 26
Just putting some ideas in here. :)

Par: If you die less than X (depends on map) times in a submap, you will get a stat bonus reward at the end of it. This can only be done in the campaign mode.
Foul: If you die more than Y (depnds on map) times in a submap, you'll have to start it over.
Master Mode: If you replay a map, either via the campaign screen or via a separate download, and complete all challenges, you'll recieve a code that you can exchange for Mastery Points, which you can use to get powerful blessings or abilities.
Achivements: There will be 100 achivements. Every 20 of them grants you a code that will give you new skins. Achivements can only be unlocked during campaign mode.
Soul Master: Collect all soulstones to gain extra stat bonuses on each overmap. Rewards for 5, 10,15 and 20

Level 3
One more Foul.
Foul: If you died more than 3 times in Zsec, you'll have to start it over.

To prevent multi deaths in Boss fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.