• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Achievement System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Is it possible to create a in-game achievement system that saves the achievements your hero gets? (For a RPG). Such as, lets say, you reach the level max for example is 80, you get the "First Level 80", or if the level max is 1337, you get the "1337 Player" achievement. Or if you kill a certain amount of units, or complete a dungeon. How would all this be saved? Perhaps adding the achievement as a completed optional quest?

Level 5
Can you go into detail for me? With a little triggering and stuff. I don't know anything about creating achievements for wc3.

Level 4
Can you go into detail for me? With a little triggering and stuff. I don't know anything about creating achievements for wc3.

I'm just saying what's possible. I'm not really an expert, but I think the easiest way to do achievements is to play around with quests. When a hero reaches a level 80, make the quest "complete". I can show an example here:

• Quest Test2
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 1.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Quest - Create a Optional quest titled Level 80 with the description Gain level 80 to un..., using icon path ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNAmbush.blp
      • Set Quest1 = (Last created quest)
  • Quest Test
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Gains a level
    • Conditions
      • (Hero level of (Triggering unit)) Equal to 80
    • Actions
      • Quest - Mark Quest1 as Completed
And all like that.

Level 6
i looked at post but i cant find

(Hero level of (Triggering unit)) Equal to 80