• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Few questions about Save/Load code systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
Basically, in the project I'm currently working on (Windchant Arena), there should be a save/load system.
I'll find a user to craft the code for me, but I currently need only answers, and some brainstorming.

1. The code saves an amount of Star Points, which are given at the end of each game based on how well you did (new code given at the end, if the user has loaded a code at the begining - it will stack new points over old and give a new code). Is it possible?

2. The code should also save raw amount of over 20 achievments, each of them has a value from 1, up to 10000, and five levels (levels are done by an other scrypt, not important in here), (example: Multitalented: strike 3/4/5/6/7 units with a single spell (Or: Off Days: Die 10/25/50/100/200 times). Is it possible, and how many of achievments could I save by these codes?

3. Secure codes. Can the code, somehow, remember the name of player, and when you load a code, and it's a code from an other player, it will get rejected?

4. Can scoring points be forbidden in single player, and how secure is it to block these situations?

5. Can new achievments be added afterwards?

Thanks in forward! :wink:

Level 21
Basically, in the project I'm currently working on (Windchant Arena), there should be a save/load system.
I'll find a user to craft the code for me, but I currently need only answers, and some brainstorming.

1. The code saves an amount of Star Points, which are given at the end of each game based on how well you did (new code given at the end, if the user has loaded a code at the begining - it will stack new points over old and give a new code). Is it possible?

2. The code should also save raw amount of over 20 achievments, each of them has a value from 1, up to 10000, and five levels (example: Multitalented: strike 3/4/5/6/7 units with a single spell (Or: Off Days: Die 10/25/50/100/200 times). Is it possible, and how many of achievments could I save by these codes?

3. Secure codes. Can the code, somehow, remember the name of player, and when you load a code, and it's a code from an other player, it will get rejected?

4. Can scoring points be forbidden in single player, and how secure is it to block these situations?

5. Can new achievments be added afterwards?

Thanks in forward! :wink:

Pretty much all of this can be solved through systems that nestharus has made.
Codeless save/load for instance.
I think it also provides the ability to print savecodes upon saving.

Status
Not open for further replies.