1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Acclamator Class Assault Ship

Submitted by Fingolfin
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Since Olofmolemans acclamator did not quite fit with the texture style of my Venator, i decided to make my own. The Acclamator was a light multi-role ship mainly used to transport troops into the fray, giving supporting fire with its twelve turbolaser batteries. Unlike the Venator, the Acclamator is capable of landing in order to deploy troops, for which i have added animations where landing gears are extruded. There are also morph animations and a separate death animation for when the ship is in its landed state. It also has a rich variety of particles.

If you intend to use the Crow Form ability for landing the ship, i recommend you set the "Landing Delay Time" to about 0.6-0.8 seconds shorter than the "Altitude Adjustment Duration" - this will cause the morph animations to play with some delay, as i intended them to.

These are some of the object editor values i recommend:

Art - Death Time: 6 seconds
Art - Maximum Pitch/roll: 0
Art - Orientation Interpolation: 10
Art - Propulsion Window: 180 degrees
Movement - Turn Rate: 0.1

A high resolution version of the texture will be found below.

Keywords:
Star Wars, jedi, space, sci-fi, capital ship, transport, republic, cis
Contents

Acclamator Class Assault Ship (Model)

Reviews
22:45, 21st Nov 2014 MiniMage: Wait, why didn't we approve this yet? Approved. For all future space maps that wants it.
  1. 22:45, 21st Nov 2014
    MiniMage: Wait, why didn't we approve this yet? Approved. For all future space maps that wants it.

2. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Some extra pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The high-res texture is attached below.

Attached Files:

3. sunshinex3

sunshinex3

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    cool cool, I don't first post.

Soooo how about those halo models?

4. Strydhaizer

Strydhaizer

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Looks toony , lol.
    It'll be good if you make it a bit darker :D

5. sonofjay

sonofjay

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Damn. This Star Wars ships of yours are really awesome but I kinda agree to Stryder about making it a little darker although we can also just do that in the editor.

6. Heinvers

Heinvers

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
    A bit of tinting in the WE will do.

Looks great btw :)

7. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    I got a question, can this model function well as an ancient-like building, with root/uproot-like ability?

8. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    @Misha: Well, yes, it has the required animations, so i suppose. The only problem would be wether the land/air transition gets a bit screwed, but you will just have to test.

@Stryderzero: The slightly toony style was actually something i was going for. The color is the same as the Venator, a bright blueish hue which contrasts well with the dark grey details. If you want to make it less toony, i'd rather if you reduced the saturation to make it more grey. I still like this one the best though, but if you want i can send you the .psd file, so that you can edit the different layers individually.

By the way, i suggest you all use magos model editor to preview it, in the hive viewer it really looks like crap and you can't see any of the particles. The dust particles sprouting when the ship lands are my favorite.

9. Splub

Splub

Resources:
    Resources:
    Cool!

10. The General

The General

Resources:
    Resources:
    I like this one but I feel like the back of the ship should be a bit thicker other wise good job Nicely done alternate stuff, would be cool if the other republic ship had it as well just saying.

11. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Not sure what you mean by the back part, thicker vertically or horizontally? I used very exact references when i made this, and i also made it slightly thicker vertically than my reference. The venator does not often land due to its size, but perhaps i can squeeze that in next time i update it.

12. The General

The General

Resources:
    Resources:
    I meant vertical sorry for late reply but anyway it's closely accurate but it feels idk like it should have more bulges kinda like this http://i.imgur.com/Sovj0lj.jpg

Edit: I just realized the Alternate animations could use a decay animation.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2014