• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

About the "Hero Abilities" Spell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sverkerman

Hosted Project: BoW
Level 17
Heya!

I'm making an RPG where you have bags you can put your items into. These bags are hero units with 6 inventory slots.

I want to display how many free inventory slots they have with a number by their icon, just like when you have a hero in a melee map and you have an unspent ability-point and can give him a new ability when he levels up.

latest

My problem could be solved in several ways, the least ugly way would be to hide the big red plus icon all together, only getting the benefit of the number by the hero's icon. Altho, to my knowledge this is not possible?

If that is impossible, is there any way to make it appear that the hero has no available skills to learn?

If that is impossible I'll have to set the level of the bag to 1 and have it so it only has an ability that requires a higher level than what it will ever be to learn. But that is very ugly ;)

Perhaps I could use the plus and the ability the hero (bag) can learn to display some informaton, but I'd much rather not. :p

Any help on the subject will be repped ;)

My problem could be solved in several ways, the least ugly way would be to hide the big red plus icon all together, only getting the benefit of the number by the hero's icon. Altho, to my knowledge this is not possible?
It is. Give your bag units an unique Hero Skill and disable it at map init for all players.

Sverkerman

Hosted Project: BoW
Level 17
@ILH Sorry but that doesn't do what I need.
It is. Give your bag units an unique Hero Skill and disable it at map init for all players.
Wow now this is cool! I did what you said and guess what? When a hero can learn a disabled spell the red plus button dissapears all together but still shows how many spell points the hero has available to set out! This solves my problem in the best way possible! Thank you! Wow! I didn't know this was possible? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.