• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need New Recipe System!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hello everyone!
I began working on a map and I want to add a recipe system but I don't like all the others out there so I was thinking if I could find someone willing to code one for me.
The main idea is that you could use basic stats items and combine them into "bag" items to create a new and unique "recipe" item.
The idea that I have is that the shops will sell only basic items divided into several categories like: Combat items- they give attack speed, damage lifesteal etc. Defence items- they give armor, health etc. And then you have another shop that sells bags. Bags are used to combine basic items into a new one. For example there might be a bag with 2 slots for Combat items and when you pick two basic Combat items, you put them into the bag and "finish" the bag by combining them into it and gain addiditonal benefits depending on the bag you chose. This way you can create your own unique recipes by making different combinations with different basic items and bags.

I'll support all the text with an actual example: Combat items shop sells "Gloves of Haste" that give 12% attack speed. Bags shop sells a bag that has 2 slots for Combat items and gives a 15% Critical Strike Passive if completed. You buy the two "Gloves of Haste" and buy the Bag. You put the two gloves into the bag. Then you open the bag where you see the two gloves into the two slots and you press the "Combine" button. The bag interface replaces your hero's inventory once you open the bag. After you press "Combine" the bag is locked and it's bonus, the "Critical Strike" takes effect.
This can be done with different kinds of basic item combinations and different types of bags, providing different benefits. In this way you can make up your own "recipes" in the middle of a game and create your own item builds.
If anyone is interested in this idea tell me so I could explain all the details later ^^

Edit: I made a picture that should show clearer how the system should work:
http://i1010.photobucket.com/albums/af223/phoenixfzr/Item-system_zpsc1fd176c.jpg

Last edited:
You can do that

Follow this

Event
Unit Acquires an item

Conditions
NONE

Action
If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
>If - Conditions
((Triggering Unit) has an item of type --ItemRequirement1-- equal to true
((Triggering Unit) has an item of type --ItemRequirement2-- equal to true
((Triggering Unit) has an item of type --ItemRequirement3-- equal to true
--- And Bla bla bla , conditions is equal to item requirements needed on a recipe

Then Actions
Item - Remove (Item carried by (Hero Manipulating item) of type of --ItemRequirement1--
Item - Remove (Item carried by (Hero Manipulating item) of type of --ItemRequirement2--
Item - Remove (Item carried by (Hero Manipulating item) of type of --ItemRequirement3--
Hero - Create --The recipe item-- and give it to (Hero Manipulating item)
Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of hero manipulating item using --Choose Special Effect Model *LevelUpCaster*--
Wait for 2.00 seconds
Special Effect - Destroy (Last Created Special Effect)

Else Actions

Level 6
You can do that

Follow this

Event
Unit Acquires an item

Conditions
NONE

Action
If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
>If - Conditions
((Triggering Unit) has an item of type --ItemRequirement1-- equal to true
((Triggering Unit) has an item of type --ItemRequirement2-- equal to true
((Triggering Unit) has an item of type --ItemRequirement3-- equal to true
--- And Bla bla bla , conditions is equal to item requirements needed on a recipe

Then Actions
Item - Remove (Item carried by (Hero Manipulating item) of type of --ItemRequirement1--
Item - Remove (Item carried by (Hero Manipulating item) of type of --ItemRequirement2--
Item - Remove (Item carried by (Hero Manipulating item) of type of --ItemRequirement3--
Hero - Create --The recipe item-- and give it to (Hero Manipulating item)
Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of hero manipulating item using --Choose Special Effect Model *LevelUpCaster*--
Wait for 2.00 seconds
Special Effect - Destroy (Last Created Special Effect)

Else Actions

This wouldnt keep the bonuses that the items you combine give, for example the AS from Gloves of Haste. The point is to be able to combine any items that you wish so you don't have to remember or learn recipe combinations.

Level 6
^ That does not make any sense; if you don't learn or remember any recipe combinations, how would you make the new item?

That's the whole point of the system. If let's say you buy Blades of Attack for +9 damage and Gloves of Haste for +12% attack speed. Both are classifieds as "Combative" items so you buy a bag with two slots for "Combative" items. You put the Blades of Attack and Gloves of Haste into the bag and lock it. Now the bag gives +9 damage, +12% attack speed and the bag bonus for locking it which is let's say 10% lifesteal. No recipe no nothing, you thought of it, made it and combined it yourself.
It could just give +18 damage and 10% lifesteal if you had put two Blades of Attack instead. And so on and so forth

Level 6
The testmap seemed pretty good. Can I use basic items like the Gloves of Haste and Blades of Attack to work like the Gem item, but instead of +100 to all stats to give gifferent things. And the "bag" items that I wanted could be the basic items from your testmap. How can I customise your system to make it work that way? And I also don't know a thing about JASS. :(
Edit: Also, can I make different kinds of gems and make different items able to be socketed with specific types of gems?

Level 16
The system is very GUI-friendly. To answer your questions, yes. You only need to register the item's stats as you wish. Pretty much everything is included in the documentation. Read up and I will try to help with any difficulty you may encounter.

Level 6
I read through it and I think I understood how to import it but I think I only need the socketing feature. I didn't understand how to create my own items and my own gems and requierment for different gems for different items. Could you explain to me how to do that? I'm really a dummy when it comes to custom scripts. -.-
And what is API?

Level 6
Putting that line of code makes the items give the bonuses that they do? Awesome. How can I make it so that an item gives its bonuses only if fully socketed? Or have slots for different socket types. Like Red Gem, Blue Gem etc.
Edit: And how do you see the rawcode of items?

Level 6
Can you think of anyone who could add that function? Or can I make a thread asking for someone to do it? If only that can be done I'll have everything I need.
Edit: And as far as I saw items have slots for sockets in general. Can I make them have slots for the specific gems like 2 slots for red Gem and 1 slot for Green gem?

Status
Not open for further replies.