• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

About something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I have two things to ask u Ralle or any1 else who knows this.

1. Usually on some maps there is "Quests" or "Map info" and there r numerous of others subtexts. Like Version 2.2, Version 2.3. So how can i write those things too? To write in the Quest area and to maybe rename "Quests" to something else...

2. When some1 types a chat message to for example on my map to hire a creature to attack the other base. But the creature costs lets say 500g, when it spawns the owner of the units is player 1 (red) - but the player 1 (red) didnt summon the unit, and the creature moves and attacks to the other base.

Hope to have answer soon cuz these r the last things to make my (actually im remoding an old map) map better...

The map is: Gang Wars

Level 15
Not quite shure if I got the second one there;

Sumthing like this:

[trigger:1:803f172866]Melee Initialization
Events
Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing Your text as An exact match
Conditions
Actions
If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
If - Conditions
(Player 1 (Red) Current gold) Greater than or equal to 500
Then - Actions
Unit - Create 1 Footman for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing Default building facing (270.0) degrees
Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Move To (Center of (Playable map area))
Player - Set Player 1 (Red) Current gold to -500
Else - Actions
Game - Display to (Player group(Player 1 (Red))) the text: Not enough gold to ...[/trigger:1:803f172866]

Level 21
there are a few mistakes made in that but it is the general idea, you want any player to be able to buy a unit but the unit then belongs to player red. also you did set player gold, it should be add player gold. also you may want to put a wait of a 0.3 between the spawn and order triggers for saftey.

[trigger:1:366251be6a]
Untitled Trigger 001
Events
Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing Your Text Here as An exact match
Player - Player 2 (Blue) types a chat message containing Your Text Here as An exact match
Player - Player 3 (Teal) types a chat message containing Your Text Here as An exact match
Player - Player 4 (Purple) types a chat message containing Your Text Here as An exact match
Conditions
Actions
If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
If - Conditions
((Triggering player) Current gold) Greater than or equal to 500
Then - Actions
Unit - Create 1 Footman for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing Default building facing degrees
Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Move To (Center of (Playable map area))
Player - Add -500 to (Triggering player) Current gold
Else - Actions
Game - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) the text: No Enough Gold[/trigger:1:366251be6a]

ps, how do u do the thing where it comes up in wc3 code?

Level 21
unfountunatly you have to re-make them in your map, they are just guide lines really, follow them and add little bits in yourself (like the events when it happens and the unit it happens to). but there is no way of copying them into your map, re-making is the only way, sorry :(.

Status
Not open for further replies.