• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Ability Request] Overwatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I'm not sure if such a skill/ability/power/spell/whatever you want to call it can be made but I need a toggle ability that does three things while active:

1. The caster cannot move unless ordered to do so or the ability is toggled off. (Like Hide but only it doesn't prevent attacking).
2. Increases the caster's attack speed by #% (25% - level 1, 50% - level 2 and 75% - level 3).
3. Increases the caster's range by #% (10%, 20% and 30%).

Level 11
This is easily doable except the range. The range would require a particular system I can't remember the name of.

This is easily doable except the range. The range would require a particular system I can't remember the name of.
Isn't the only way to increase a unit's attack range is to apply a Long Rifle-based upgrade on it? And since tech can't be unlearned (afaik), there's no way to undo the attack range increase.

Level 10
I made my version of the ability, it could be made better in many ways.

Some notes: This ability uses upgrades, so it's only MPI. If you want to make it MUI, you should have a different morph unit for each level. Range increase is not by %. And I was too lazy to make a proper test map.

Attachments

• Focus.w3x
    19.1 KB · Views: 88
Isn't the only way to increase a unit's attack range is to apply a Long Rifle-based upgrade on it? And since tech can't be unlearned (afaik), there's no way to undo the attack range increase.

Or with logic, it's possible ^^.

You can't unlearn tech, but you can learn another tech which gives you negative bonus.

Level 14
The big problem is that it will limit the cast number of the ability to the upgrade max level. Above the upgrades will not function.
but you can make a hero with the max range and you check whe the hero attacks if he have the right and order stop is the unit is too far.

Level 4
The idea is that the Hero, a ranged/sniper type, is camping (couldn't think of a better word for it.). The issue is, I suppose, is that I'm basing it off something from a miniature wargame.

Overwatch

1. Squad forfeits movement and shooting.
2. Chooses direction to face. Has 90 degree arc for Line of Sight.
3. During an opposing squads activation, if they move or shoot in the LoS of the overwatching squad, the overwatching squad can interrupt and shoot at them (as normal). They can interrupt at any point of the movement.

The issue comes when trying to take this and turn it usable in an RTS.

Status
Not open for further replies.