• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Abilities with triggers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi all,
After fiddling around with custom abilities, I thought I'd like to try making abilities through the triggers.

For my first idea, I'd like to try create the Defend ability but instead of just reducing damage from piercing attack, I'd like to make the user take reduced damage from all sources and increase his armour. How do I go about doing that?

Is there a link to where I can read up on using triggers for abilities?

Level 21
You could add armor from the item armor bonus ability to it when using defend and remove that ability on undefend.

• Unit - A unit Is issued an order with no target
  • (Issued order) Equal to (Order(defend))
  • (Issued order) Equal to (Order(undefend))

Level 12
Hi all,
After fiddling around with custom abilities, I thought I'd like to try making abilities through the triggers.

For my first idea, I'd like to try create the Defend ability but instead of just reducing damage from piercing attack, I'd like to make the user take reduced damage from all sources and increase his armour. How do I go about doing that?

Is there a link to where I can read up on using triggers for abilities?

Use the spiked Armor ability from the anubarak hero (Passiv)
Modifie it

1.00 = 100% taken damage also normal
0.50 = 50% taken damage

also you can go in the + values

2.00 = 200% taken damage

and for magic Reduction use

Runed Bracers

Damage Engine should be not used for simple things it should be used for whole systems to modifie Evrything

or for better damage events

that’s my opinion as a newbie you can avoid this things

Check this I did a example map on this thread two months ago

[Trigger] - Workaround for "Order Unit to (Ability)" stopping unit

Status
Not open for further replies.