• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Abilities] - New way

Status
Not open for further replies.
How to start...

All abilities will be global. That means that creeps as well as boss units have same abilities as hero, ofc creeps will have fixed stats (more or less) that effect ability performance (damage, cast rate etc etc).

All skills will be split into 5 normal and 1 extra level:

1/5 Novice
2/5 Apprentice
3/5 Juggernaut
4/5 Expert
5/5 Master
6/5 Legendary

Legendary level will be available to special hero class (example, only monk class can reach Heal ability level 6/5), they will be gained only with legendary items or special quests.

All abilities will have their class (once again, heal ability will heal area if you play with monk class).
All of this will be explained nicely in ability description.

Hero will be able to learn infinite number of abilities but use only 4.
He will be able to change them only outside of combat.

All abilities will depend on hero CUSTOM attributes/stats (thread coming soon).
Example, do deal more damage or heal more hp you must improve spellpower. (Enemy units will have those stats fixed, more or less).

Ability Classes:
Combat Powers
- Brutal Attac Expect in Demo
- Mortal Blow Expect in Demo

Destruction Powers
- Frostbite Expect in Demo
- Fireball
- Lightning Strike Expect in Demo

Spiritual Powers
- Heal Expect in Demo
- Rejuvenation Expect in Demo
- Leadership
- Holy Spirit

Conjuration Powers
- Ensnare Expect in Demo
- Find Food Expect in Demo
- Conjure Beast
- Conjure Shadow Creature
- Conjure Image

Forbidden Powers
- Backstab Expect in Demo
- Time Hole
- Presence of Darkness
- Vampire Powers

Unique Abilities
- Presence of Shadow Lord

Working on it...

ClassCombat PowersDestruction PowerSpiritual PowersConjuration PowersForbidden Powers
Squire2.000.501.000.001.00
Monk1.500.502.000.501.00
Ranger1.251.001.002.001.00
Sorcerer0.002.001.001.501.00
Thief1.000.751.251.002.00

0.00 (Hero can't learn spell)
0.50 - 1.25 (Spell has normal effect, still it damage or effect are multiplied by this factor)
1.50 (Spell has bonus effect)
2.00 (Spell has bonus effect + some mega shit)

Last edited:
Well to reach legendary skill level 6/5 you must play as ranger class because only ranger has Conjuration Power value 2.00. Spell level usually increase duration, damage and such things. But legendary level can sometimes edit whole ability, for example from singe unit to area effect, special effects are different etc etc. :)

This way I will force you to try every class :p

Oh I will force you to play on Legendary difficulty as well because only here you will be able to unlock special Legendary items, 6/5 ability levels, and more hidden things that I won't mention for now :razz:

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
Hmmph...

Even though I think I am pretty good map maker I did not understand a shit about that.

Sounds intresting...

"Conjure Shadow Creature" if you still have the same angry one wolf than in the demo fix the name if it does not summon the wolf. Or atleast I would change it, for example "Conjure Beast of Shadows" or something like that.

Conjure beast will summon creep like wolf, crab, bear etc etc. With better hero level better creep will be spawned, with better hero attributes, better will creep stats improve :))))
This will bring you cool unique summoning spells.

Shadow creature ability is different thing. You will be able to summon different unit type, like skeleton warrior/mage, ghost etc etc with same effect like above.

I still didn't decided but legendary level will allow you to summon 2 units at same time or the most powerful unit in class. Will see.

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
Okay...

So, the creature which you summons is it forever until it dies and you can summon it again (Like Misha with Rexxar).
Or does they have "limited life time"?

I would go forever so you use your little "beast :p" to carry items and like that and it could also (Only maybe learn some kind of abilities...

But remember if you add items to them and they die the items will be dropped down or something so this wont happen
:)goblin_wtf: = :goblin_cry: = :goblin_boom:)
Hehe ty.

Last edited:
Level 11
So you actualy can have a pet...ok...thats good will there be mounts cuzz its possible?and the mount can actualy give you more speed so if you wana go from one place to other place fast you can use mount...TRY ANUB'ARAK ITS EPIC !!!

rofl,ROFL!!!

:ogre_haosis:

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 27
Intresting... just a question, but will you have to complete more quests related to sills. I mean, like you have to complete quest not only to get level 6, but you have to complete level 5 quest, which is eaiser of course and aviable not only on legendary difficulty.

By the way, will you add some more abilities for some categories later? Since mortal one has 2 skills, while some other have lie five or six. Kinda... weird.

Level 11
New Idea :

READ PLEASE ITS IMPORTANT !

I got another idea :

When you play with Ranger(Hunter) i supose you can have a pet...now is there going to be the spell that you can chose from the beggining of the game ( like you have power up and you chose the spell to summon your pet ) or - now comes my idea -

You should add something like Spell called - Tame Pet - (or what you want) and it would work like this :
So you use that power from the beg of the gameplay and when you wana have pet you use that Spell(Abilility) on any Creep on the map you can find (or some hidden) and then you can add the Timer like timer for spell casting near you or the unit you are taming and if you hold on while you are casting the spell (while the creep attacks you) the pet will turn on your side and you could give him name and stuff...

Now when you get the pet you will automaticly get the spell - Call Pet - so you can call your pet any time...just an idea...hope you like it :)

Level 11
Nice...:)

Hey I think i got some new idea...

Here it is:
Its about music, when i played the DEMO i saw it has some great music (one from Gaias :) but I think that music fits only 'slow forest wallking'.When you get into a fight with some regular creep (leveling creep) or whatever...I think you should change the music at these points like get some more EPIC music into the gameplay like this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8RBFJTL7AA&feature=feedlik which fits the Boss battle as Hell !

And Its simple to do :)

And well thats my IdeA...if you havent allready done something like that :)

THX

You should create new thread if you want to start new discussion (in this case, about game music).

Anyway, I won't import music for now because it will increase map size a for few more MB, I know it's Single Player, I know size don't mater, but we upload map like few times per week and it's really annoying to wait 10 or more min.

Status
Not open for further replies.