• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A welcome from a *Retired* Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Ok, I wouldn't consider myself a pro or retired pro, but I've won the WC3 Frozen Throne zotac cup 3 times. (Not to brag!) I just don't really play anymore ladder on battle.net. Yes, here and there I'll play with friends once and a while but that's it, I have now moved onto epic custom WC3 campaigns and RPGs. (And most importantly, LIFE!) I know little about world editor but I know the basic's to make a balanced melee map. (I would know since I'm an expert in this field; so I consider myself.) Can't wait to download some great maps from this site my friend introduced me to! Hell, I even might give a review (it might not be good.) if I got the time! Which I'll make the time if I really enjoyed the map/campaign!

So either hate me or love me during the time I'm here, but I hope you all will respect me as I would you.

Last edited:
Level 5
Thank you purgeandfire! I will check out the link you have provided when I have time! And I hope to be here for a while to kill off some time.

Level 37
Hello and welcome to the site.

As you're pretty good ladder player try out this game with at least three friend of yours. It's a ladder based defensive map. If you can beat it with hard difficulty you're the only person including me who have done that. That is of course a challenge from me to you as I was too pretty good ladder player back then(I even got my account still).

Level 5
that's kick-ass man, welcome and I am glad to have new map reviewers on my ranks if your into it :D

Yes, I have already reviewed a map from sonofjay, called High Road, I believe. Very good melee map I must say.

Aeroblyctos, I will attempt to beat your challenge, although I havn't played in quite a long time. I will shake of the rust though just for you :D. And nice account, all legit correct? No WCG abusing :p? If you didn't (not saying you did!) you're most likely an old school player, back when the actual pros played.

And Thank you DeathChef :p

Level 37
What's WCG abusing? And yes I'm an old school player. That account has another stats with Reign of Chaos side with about same stats(well win percent isn't that excellent but it is my first account also, I used to have first under 50% win percent :D). I played a lot ladder when the game came out. Now I'm just a map maker.

Level 5
Well if you don't even know what WCG abusing is, then you didn't do it. (That's a good thing :D) We all start out as newbs, I remember when I tried to maintain 50% for about a year. (Back in 2003ish or 2004ish) I played RoC for about a year then went to FT, I learned faster in FT for some reason. I guess because it's more balanced betweened the races.

I've played your map also, for about 15 min. I died after the chaos knights came, I managed to kill 2 but 3 still remained. But I was playing by myself on hard difficulty. :p

Level 37
Well I still wonder what's that WCG abusing?

I also played about a year ROC. But when TFT came I moved instantly. What kind of games you played? Solo? Team? FFA?

The map is very old and it is meant for at least 4 players. You'll get screwed later if you don't have any allies with you. If I would remade the map now I would make it like 1 player could also finish the game... Also I would made it more randomish and all that shit... But well, too late now. I have other things in my mind.

Level 15
Ok, I wouldn't consider myself a pro or retired pro, but I've won the WC3 Frozen Throne zotac cup 9 times. (Not to brag!) I just don't really play anymore ladder on battle.net. Yes, here and there I'll play with friends once and a while but that's it, I have now moved onto epic custom WC3 campaigns and RPGs. (And most importantly, LIFE!) I know little about world editor but I know the basic's to make a balanced melee map. (I would know since I'm an expert in this field; so I consider myself.) Can't wait to download some great maps from this site my friend introduced me to! Hell, I even might give a review (it might not be good.) if I got the time! Which I'll make the time if I really enjoyed the map/campaign!

So either hate me or love me during the time I'm here, but I hope you all will respect me as I would you.
Hi!! and welcome to Hive.

Your experience in melee maps made me answer your thread, in fact if you are interested, I'd like to invite you to test my project Power of Corruption (check my signature). It's an altered melee and I feel you can give me a good review.

Have a nice stance here.

Level 5
Well I still wonder what's that WCG abusing?

I also played about a year ROC. But when TFT came I moved instantly. What kind of games you played? Solo? Team? FFA?

The map is very old and it is meant for at least 4 players. You'll get screwed later if you don't have any allies with you. If I would remade the map now I would make it like 1 player could also finish the game...

WCG abusing is when anyone can signup for the WCG every season. WCG - World Cyber Gaming - is a professional gaming tournament for many games, one of them is WC3 FT. But they no longer have yearly seasons as far as I know. I believe the only two pros last playing it were Tod and Sky. I didn't hear they were in this years season, if there even was one. But you play WCG on battle.net; after you get signed up a warden will give you the WCG icon. Meaning now you can only play/search other players that are signed up with this icon. But during the season some people just mass losses, example: 0 wins 79 losses. Then when they play they just vs mass noobs for a 100 games. Now I don't know the full extent to how this works but, people will have a WC3 account with 300+ wins and no losses. And that is an obvious sign of WCG abusing. (Or serious drop hacker.) Unlike the zotac cup, you signup on their site, then you have to apply for the tournament. If your accepted you will be schedule a date and a time to play through Garena I'm sure you have heard of this. And it doesn't affect your battle.net account at all. (By affect I mean gain wins/losses.)

I can play everything with every race. I consider myself pretty good at solo, I believe my best is orc for solo. I'm best at team games like AT 2v2 or custom 2v2 with OBS. I can play good with any race in team games, it all depends upon what my ally's race is then I'll choose a race if he wants me to. I normally just do random in team games. Now I don't play FFA at all, maybe one here and there but that's about it. When I play FFA I'm always human, best race to expand, and a couple units of each type is easy win.

Yea I'd perfer to be able to play your map one player. Because when you have ally(s) you may have to carry them, or them carry you. So you can't really determine a player's skill in a team game. Unless you watched the replay ofcourse following his actions/moves/build order etc.

Thanks moyackx! I will download your map as of now, but I won't be able to give you some feedback for quite sometime. (As I am very busy at the moment.) I may be able to give later today or during the night; Eastern pacific time.

Edit: I also noticed you have a melee tounrament winner badge Aero. Was that like a real tournament like the WC3 FT daily tournament? Or a melee maping contest?

Last edited:
Level 14
Hello and welcome to the site.

As you're pretty good ladder player try out this game with at least three friend of yours. It's a ladder based defensive map. If you can beat it with hard difficulty you're the only person including me who have done that. That is of course a challenge from me to you as I was too pretty good ladder player back then(I even got my account still).

You'v beaten your own map... gee how cheesy that sounds :ogre_haosis: Anyway I think he meant ladder as in Melee games.

PKCrafty wellcome aboard. Be sure to check the custom melee maps, like those of sonofjay.
There is also a GREAT Tutorial section you should consider spending some hours in. It's worth it.

Level 5
You'v beaten your own map... gee how cheesy that sounds :ogre_haosis: Anyway I think he meant ladder as in Melee games.

Lol, yea I mean melee games; like "Quick Play," "Arrange Teams," and LAN games using Garena. (If anyone knows what that is.) I also play/watch hosted 1v1/2v2 melee games in custom games.

PKCrafty wellcome aboard. Be sure to check the custom melee maps, like those of sonofjay.
There is also a GREAT Tutorial section you should consider spending some hours in. It's worth it.

Thank ya bro, and thanks for the advice. I've already played one of sonofjay's maps called High Road and gave him some suggestions on how to improve gameplay. But it is a very nice melee map.

Level 37
Ya, ya, ya guys. Ladder is a different thing and the game we were talking about is based on ladder. It needs more skills!

PKCrafty said:
WCG abusing is when anyone can signup for the WCG every season. WCG - World Cyber Gaming - is a professional gaming tournament for many games, one of them is WC3 FT. But they no longer have yearly seasons as far as I know. I believe the only two pros last playing it were Tod and Sky. I didn't hear they were in this years season, if there even was one. But you play WCG on battle.net; after you get signed up a warden will give you the WCG icon. Meaning now you can only play/search other players that are signed up with this icon. But during the season some people just mass losses, example: 0 wins 79 losses. Then when they play they just vs mass noobs for a 100 games. Now I don't know the full extent to how this works but, people will have a WC3 account with 300+ wins and no losses. And that is an obvious sign of WCG abusing. (Or serious drop hacker.) Unlike the zotac cup, you signup on their site, then you have to apply for the tournament. If your accepted you will be schedule a date and a time to play through Garena I'm sure you have heard of this. And it doesn't affect your battle.net account at all. (By affect I mean gain wins/losses.)

I haven't played never ever in these tournaments. I think I saw some but I didn't understand how to join(I was too young I guess).

PKCrafty said:
I can play everything with every race. I consider myself pretty good at solo, I believe my best is orc for solo. I'm best at team games like AT 2v2 or custom 2v2 with OBS. I can play good with any race in team games, it all depends upon what my ally's race is then I'll choose a race if he wants me to. I normally just do random in team games. Now I don't play FFA at all, maybe one here and there but that's about it. When I play FFA I'm always human, best race to expand, and a couple units of each type is easy win.

Every race, huh? It's almost like I'm looking at mirror.

PKCrafty said:
Yea I'd perfer to be able to play your map one player. Because when you have ally(s) you may have to carry them, or them carry you. So you can't really determine a player's skill in a team game. Unless you watched the replay ofcourse following his actions/moves/build order etc.

Yep, yep. But the game is built that way you must have other players later in the game. First it's a solo game but it becomes a team game after phase 1.

PKCrafty said:
I also noticed you have a melee tounrament winner badge Aero. Was that like a real tournament like the WC3 FT daily tournament? Or a melee maping contest?

Yes, there was once a melee tournament. We had like 10 to 20 people and we fought against each other until I was the only one alive. There was a second melee tournament coming but in the end it was cancelled. People here aren't that good in ladder and I understand it completely: we're here to create and play our own made games.

Level 5
Yea phase one you fight solo. Actually everyone does throughout the game, excecpt when an ally needs assistance.

So, it sounds like melee tournaments are no longer hosted? :goblin_wtf:

Level 12
Ok, I wouldn't consider myself a pro or retired pro, but I've won the WC3 Frozen Throne zotac cup 9 times. (Not to brag!) I just don't really play anymore ladder on battle.net. Yes, here and there I'll play with friends once and a while but that's it, I have now moved onto epic custom WC3 campaigns and RPGs. (And most importantly, LIFE!) I know little about world editor but I know the basic's to make a balanced melee map. (I would know since I'm an expert in this field; so I consider myself.) Can't wait to download some great maps from this site my friend introduced me to! Hell, I even might give a review (it might not be good.) if I got the time! Which I'll make the time if I really enjoyed the map/campaign!

what was your nickname in zotac?

Level 5
what was your nickname in zotac?

It's a secret. :D I'd rather not say, as my last couple games in my last tournament left me as an embarassment.

moyackx: I'd perfer to stick with normal melee. :D

eubz: I'll be sure to check that out later today.

Aeroblyctos: Need enough people hm... how many would I need? I'll check it out though, and look at the other competition threads.

Level 12
It's a secret. :D I'd rather not say, as my last couple games in my last tournament left me as an embarassment.

moyackx: I'd perfer to stick with normal melee. :D

eubz: I'll be sure to check that out later today.

Aeroblyctos: Need enough people hm... how many would I need? I'll check it out though, and look at the other competition threads.

=D nobody here plays at that levels, so you don't need to fear any embarassments =D

Level 5
Do you really want such a tournament?

Certainly. I would play in every tournament. But I must ask, would we just play in custom games in battle.net for hosting the tournament? Or use Garena? Garena would be too hard most likely, as everyone who played would have to download it and sign up. (If they did not already have it.)

Also, if this were to happen, what day would the tournament be scheduled? For now I am not home, I'm out of town at the moment. But I'll be back home in less then a week. (Why it matters is because I have serious delay with the current internet I'm using as of now.)

SpasMaster

Hosted Project: SC
Level 23
Hey! Welcome to THW.

I am sure you will enjoy your time in this site.

I would recommend you to try all maps in the Top 20 Maps section, including mine - Sunken City

Of course there are many more which aren't in Top 20 and still kick ass.

Have fun <3

Off Topic: As a pro-player, do you consider to move on to the much more competitive (in my opinion) StarCraft 2?

Level 5
Hey! Welcome to THW.

I am sure you will enjoy your time in this site.

I would recommend you to try all maps in the Top 20 Maps section, including mine - Sunken City

Of course there are many more which aren't in Top 20 but kick ass.

Have fun <3

Off Topic: As a pro-player, do you consider to move on to the much more competitive (in my opinion) StarCraft 2?

Thanks for your greeting, spasorc. I'll be sure to download your map.

I actually do play SC2. I was last in the Grand Masters League but didn't win one game. I really belong in the Masters League. I don't know why they put me in Grand Masters last time. But I haven't played SC2 for about 6 months, and when I do play it's only for about 2 months then I get bored with it and stop playing.

SpasMaster

Hosted Project: SC
Level 23

I actually do play SC2. I was last in the Grand Masters League but didn't win one game. I really belong in the Masters League. I don't know why they put me in Grand Masters last time. But I haven't played SC2 for about 6 months, and when I do play it's only for about 2 months then I get bored with it and stop playing.

Sounds nice! By the way, I would love to play Sunken City with ya. Contact me when/if you are interested. Have fun ^^ :thumbs_up:

Level 5
Ya, ya, ya guys. Ladder is a different thing and the game we were talking about is based on ladder. It needs more skills!

Pff, I don't know about needs more skill... Maybe less. :wink:

I haven't played never ever in these tournaments. I think I saw some but I didn't understand how to join(I was too young I guess).

What the eff. I'm younger then you are, although I started playing when I was 8. You most likely just wasn't aware of it going on. (Cause you were a noob, like me back then.) HA joking, I wasn't a noob back then. HA joking again. I acutally was a noob back then and didn't learn of WCG til I was 13ish.

Every race, huh? It's almost like I'm looking at mirror.
Lol, so you're decent with them all too huh? What's your best?

Note: I didn't get to respond to all your replys last post because I didn't have the time. Now I do.

And spasorc I'd love to play with ya, when do you have the time?

Level 37
Okay I created the thread. Here: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...test-melee-tournament-2-a-226944/#post2257911

Start throwing some ideas there then.

I was something like 100th rank with human in solo. But I never liked solo that much. I was many times top 1 player in 2v2, 3v3 and 4v4 with all races. My race always depended of my allies races. I just enjoyed to play with all the races.

But I would say human's my strongest. Yours?

Level 5
Okay I created the thread. Here: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...test-melee-tournament-2-a-226944/#post2257911

Start throwing some ideas there then.

I was something like 100th rank with human in solo. But I never liked solo that much. I was many times top rank 1 player in 2v2, 3v3 and 4v4 with all races. My race always depended of my allies races. I just enjoyed to play with all races.

But I would say human's my strongest. Your?

Oh very nice you got the thread up! I'll go there now and throw out my ideas as you put it. I was ranked top 5 in 2v2 AT and 3v3 AT. Most of the top 5 were hackers though.

My strongest race...hm... Orc, or Undead. I'd say Orc.

Level 5
The only introduction thread that I know that reached 3 pages that didn't troll or anything.

Anyway, welcome aboard mate.

I actualy am a feared troll. hehe :D But I have no need to troll here. :p

And thanks mate. Although we already met each other, thanks for the greeting anyway!

P.S. Aeroblyctos: When did you mainly play ladder? And when were you ranked 1st in 2v2, 3v3 and 4v4? And by these I assume you mean RT.

Level 37
I played RT(Random Team) mostly in Reign Of Chaos with 350-250 stats to level 20 or something. The rank was something between 100 to 300 back then, not that good. Since then I've just once seriously played RT with a fake account.

After being tired of RT and noobs I started to ask people to play with me. When Fin-1, 2 and 3 wasn't enough(I'm from Finland) I went to international channels like Guru, Keko and Tetub at Northrend. I found some great people and had some good AT ranks before TFT came and since the beginning of TFT to all the way to year 2006. I had my best ranks with AT. I had some pauses occasionally, but I've never played any other game seriously at the internet. Ever.

That's because I played too much Warcraft 3. The game itself went into my dreams and I started to have problems with sleeping. When I was sleeping I thought same time different tactics and all that kind of shit. It was really crazy. That's not a good sign of course and I started to play less and less the game. Now I just play occasionally and usually when I drink some alcohol. ^^

(but of course I still have that one campaign that I must test seriously, I must finish it!!)

What's your story?

Level 5
I played RT(Random Team) mostly in Reign Of Chaos with 350-250 stats to level 20 or something. The rank was something between 100 to 300 back then, not that good. Since then I've just once seriously played RT with a fake account.

After being tired of RT and noobs I started to ask people to play with me. When Fin-1, 2 and 3 wasn't enough(I'm from Finland) I went to international channels like Guru, Keko and Tetub at Northrend. I found some great people and had some good AT ranks before TFT came and since the beginning of TFT to all the way to year 2006. I had my best ranks with AT. I had some pauses occasionally, but I've never played any other game seriously at the internet. Ever.

That's because I played too much Warcraft 3. The game itself went into my dreams and I started to have problems with sleeping. When I was sleeping I thought same time different tactics and all that kind of shit. It was really crazy. That's not a good sign of course and I started to play less and less the game. Now I just play occasionally and usually when I drink some alcohol. ^^

(but of course I still have that one campaign that I must test seriously, I must finish it!!)

What's your story?

Lol, wow, we are very much alike my friend. (Except for the drinking part, but I do drink a little sometimes.)

One day I got on WC3 and decided to just go on battle.net to see what it was like. After that happened all I would play and think about was WC3. Everyday I got back from school I'd run to my PC and hop on WC3.

I didn't play too many games in RoC, maybe 100? Then I went to TFT and played on the account "Tauren-Leader". I had probably 300-400 games played on it, barely maintaing 50%, and I was also a level 24 before I quit. I only played 4v4 RT for about a year on that account and stopped using it once I got the shaman icon. (Tier 2 icon for Orc race.)

Then one day I met a person who was a professional, god of orcs, Grubby. He taught me here and there and gave me replays to watch and learn. I was with him for maybe 1 year or so. Then I stopped playing for like 2-3 years because everynight I would dream of playing WC3 as orcs. (Like I said, we are very similar there.) After I started playing again in 08 or 09 I started playing the zotac cup and WCG. I did this for about 2 years, playing with tod and sky mainly in the zotac cup. But I normally lost to them, I didn't start really winning the tournaments til they stopped playing. I did attempt to play the professional section of WCG but I never made it to the finals, I would losse to sky or grubby once again.

Now you know. And no, you may not know my name after I was done using Tauren-Leader. :zip:

P.S. Do you consider going back to play? If so what do you think your skill level will be? My % would be 85-90% with 400 games or more. (Although % means nothing.) (Not to brag! I know I'm not even as good as I use to be, I'm pretty rusty.)

Last edited:
Level 5
Dear lord, so much self-advertising.
But it's nice to see the community welcoming a newcomer like that.
Welcome!

Thanks mate. But how are we/I self advertising? D: We're just having a conversation. :bored:

By the way, did you check out the melee tournament thread?

fladdermasken: No one is fainting, not that I know of anyway.

Level 5
I think he's refering the guys who reccommended you their maps/resources. (Such as me) :p

Oh, maybe. But your guys' recommendations were excellent. So really you just suggested maps for me to try out that happened to be your own. :D

Also did you get my PM? I havn't had a response yet.

Last edited:
Level 37
Do you consider going back to play?
Hell no. After I've created my campaign I'll quit. It's just that I've expanded the campaign too much and that is why I'm still here. I should have gone long time ago.

If so what do you think your skill level will be? My % would be 85-90% with 400 games or more.
Well it of course depends if I play solo, team or what. And it also depends with who I play with.

The problem is that I'm not really type of player who should play some serious solo matches. I'm a really old school player as I hate heroes like Blademaster and Demonhunter. I feel like those heroes are imba and I don't use them, expect for joking with Mirror Image and Immolate.

I prefer heroes like Far Seer for orc and Tinker or Panda for elf. With tactics like mine I won't be able to beat the very best in solo which means I won't be able to obtain very high ranks. These tactics are more used in team games where I'm at my best. I just like the play the way I've always played and that is my weakness in some type of games.

I guess you like to use the basic tactics like Blademaster stealing your opponents items and same time creeping all the lame things this hero can do?

Level 5
Hell no. After I've created my campaign I'll quit. It's just that I've expanded the campaign too much and that is why I'm still here. I should have gone long time ago.

Lol you're doing something that seems impossible for me. Good job.
I'm pretty sure though after blizzard is done messing with SC2 their going to make WC4. When/If they do you plan on playing it?

Well it of course depends if I play solo, team or what. And it also depends with who I play with.

The problem is that I'm not really type of player who should play some serious solo matches. I'm a really old school player as I hate heroes like Blademaster and Demonhunter. I feel like those heroes are imba and I don't use them, expect for joking with Mirror Image and Immolate.

I prefer heroes like Far Seer for orc and Tinker or Panda for elf. With tactics like mine I won't be able to beat the very best in solo which means I won't be able to obtain very high ranks. These tactics are more used in team games where I'm at my best. I just like the play the way I've always played and that is my weakness in some type of games.

I guess you like to use the basic tactics like Blademaster stealing your opponents items and same time creeping all the lame things this hero can do?

I'd say I use Tauren Chieftian more then Blademaster. But it depends what stratgey I plan on using, and for me to decide on a certain stratgey it depends on my opponents race too. I don't use blademaster to just steal items like RT noobs. If I'm going to harass or put on some serious presurre, I'll creepjack til I'm teir 2. Then after I have tier 2 I'll pull back and creep to level 3 on blade master. If I feel like my opponent may be able to stop me if I attacked, even with a level 3 blademaster, I'll harass with my blademaster. While I'm harassing with my blademaster I'll be creeping with my 2nd hero, til he's a level 3 and then try to end the game. But I use every hero in the game except alchy. Just depends on my stratgey and what my opponent has.

Do you know the nowaday stratgeys for orc?

Level 13

whats your sc2 acc?

Level 37
Lol you're doing something that seems impossible for me. Good job.
I'm pretty sure though after blizzard is done messing with SC2 their going to make WC4. When/If they do you plan on playing it?

Well... After Warcraft 3 Blizzard have simply go downhill so I can already imagine how bad and horrible Warcraft 4 will be. I'm still ashamed I bough Diablo 3.

I'd say I use Tauren Chieftian more then Blademaster. But it depends what stratgey I plan on using, and for me to decide on a certain stratgey it depends on my opponents race too. I don't use blademaster to just steal items like RT noobs. If I'm going to harass or put on some serious presurre, I'll creepjack til I'm teir 2. Then after I have tier 2 I'll pull back and creep to level 3 on blade master. If I feel like my opponent may be able to stop me if I attacked, even with a level 3 blademaster, I'll harass with my blademaster. While I'm harassing with my blademaster I'll be creeping with my 2nd hero, til he's a level 3 and then try to end the game. But I use every hero in the game except alchy. Just depends on my stratgey and what my opponent has.

So, basic Blademaster usage.

Do you know the nowaday stratgeys for orc?

Overall I think I know pretty much all the strategies of all races but there might be some tricks that I don't know.

I had many accounts but I have sold most of them. Some names were Quick, LGaeGuS, and camelhumper.

Hah, few times people wanted to buy my account too from 500€ to 1000€ but I never sold it. Maybe I should have sold? How much money you got from your accounts?

Status
Not open for further replies.