• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A trigger would be nice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
NOTE: you may need to be skilled for this request :wink:
hi guyz

I have been making my maps and stuff again and I came across something I would like(mainly because I cant do it with normal triggering). I would like a trigger that is exactly like the movement for legacies:TOTS

(meaning when you press the up arrow key a specific unit moves forward and the same for backwards and for left it turns the unit towards the left on the spot and so on)

my problem being that I can't do like they did because if I hold down the arrow keys it wont keep on moving it will only move when I initialy move it, what I would like is for it to keep moving until I let go of the arrow key. also instead of arrow keys for movement I would like it to be w s a d w = up s = down a = turn on the spot left d = turn on the spot right

thanks for your time

U.V

U.V

Level 7
there is no way to make an efficient movment system using the w,a,s,d keys.

however, i can give you a good and smooth movment system ive created in past days.
if you're interseted, you can send me your map and ill adapt my triggers to your map.

my e-mail is [email protected]
:wink:

EDIT:
my movment system is based on the arrow keys.

Level 3
Does it continue the command of moving in that direction by holding down the key? because I already have it when you initialy press the button but it doesnt continue doing it if I hold the key down.

if you dont, it doesnt realy matter because I dont realy need it I would just like to have it.

U.V

U.V

Level 7
my system works like this:

press up arrow = move forward
release up arrow = stop moving

press right\left arrow = start turning right\left
release right\left arrow = stop turning

press down arrow = 180 degrees turn

Level 3
1 more question:
is it done in JASS or nomal triggering and yes I would like it thanks ^^ either way

thanks for helping dude :) Ill send you my map in a little while(making it a little easyer to read triggers)

Status
Not open for further replies.