• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

3D Arrow Model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Arrow (model)

Like the left arrow key on a key bored. Not a arrow like for a bow.

could i use models in warcraft? yes... but i would much prefer one that looks sorta like my pic, or the picture of the move command.

Why do i need this?
In my game you tell the train to turn left or right. But people don't realize when the train is going down the train is facing south (its not hard to tell but some are slow). thus left is on the other side.
This should make the game more simple and a much easier learning curve.

How much of the game is done?
60% Done
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86314

Credit
Of course you will receive credit for anything you do. Thnx for your time.

The picture on the left is what it will look like in the game if you press turn right. (except it will be in 3d)

Attachments

• Arrow.GIF
    Arrow.GIF
    2.5 KB · Views: 312
Level 12
Thnx Alot

They look really Good.
Perfect!

Anyway Plus Rep, and that was so fast of a response!

You deserve + rep x 10!

Also i can change the color in the editor using the three color mixtures.

P.S I will add you to project team, Even if your part is done.
You are Super rad.

Level 12
Ok hmm..

Ok with my game, and my trigger skills i found the only way to make it run good and smooth is to have the models slightly altered.

If i could have the arrow Facing Right At (warcraft angle 0)
And have it side ways, so when looking at it from a birds eye view it will look alot better for my game. That should solve my issues.

Also 2 other models one that facing up right and the other down right. like in my picture below. but at angle 0.

---------------------------

Your "Key Right" Faces right if its at angle 270,
but i need it to be "Key Right" to face right at angel 0.
And rotated sideways so it looks better from a birds eye view

Its doing this because war craft north = 90 and east = 0. why i don't know.
---------------------------

So 3 models.
facing side ways. so they look flat from a birds eye view.
And the starting angle is really important. look at my picture. i hope that helps.

-----------------------------

More detail in why...

The rotation of it is only for better looks (at least from a birds eye view)

if the arrow is faceing right at angle 0. then when the arrow walks up it will roate and look up or north. so when i have 2 other models faceing 45 degrees off. it will look like there slideing up. but faceing the way i want.

p.s you said fliping Tetris pices? hmm.. Do you mean after you get a row? the map is in the hive map section at the moment. but i still tweaking with that some.

Attachments

• NewArrows.GIF
    NewArrows.GIF
    3.7 KB · Views: 222
Level 12
Ok

The model is now side ways. So thats good!

Looking at the model you sent called "Key 1".

So What i need is The Starting angle of that model to have the arrow Face Right instead of Left.
And then 2 more models Both starting angle 0 Looking Right, But 45 degrees north, and the other 45 degrees south.
So i Need 3 Models. One Facing Right, One facing Right-North, One Facing Right-South. So when there starting angle/Facing(Deg) is zero they face that way.

Also Explained, By Looking at the pictures. So 3 models is what i need. like that. Thnx sorry i am not very clear some times.

Note: What is the starting angle/Facing (Deg).

If you open the world editor and add your model to a unit using import.
Then Go to a unit (peon for example) and change Model File to the model you imported. Then make one on the map. and click on the unit on the map twice.
Then it should show "Unit Properties" and one of them is Facing (Deg)
Change that to zero. and see if its facing right. Is so thats it!

Attachments

• Basic idea..GIF
    Basic idea..GIF
    214.9 KB · Views: 201
  • 3 Models.GIF
    3 Models.GIF
    130 KB · Views: 220
Last edited:
Level 17
Hey Rover2341 I did not really understand what you were trying to say maybe like this? If they are not what your looking for maybe more screenshots will help lol.

Vicboy I have your down key.

Wait, so the DOWN key was the only problem?

EDIT

I found out all the Keys I downloaded before your 2nd post wasn't what I need... I'm gonna check your latest release.

EDIT 2nd

Ugh, I guess you don't know what I mean...

Hmm, check the model Shockwave in Warcraft and imagine that it's an arrow... Thats what I need!

Status
Not open for further replies.