• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A Single-Player Disabler (Requires no Variables at all)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheats are good for other things other then cheating sometimes... =P
I have been experimenting with cheats for a while now, sadly this was all I could find currently due to the hard coded system.

Please remember that you should not test this, it does work.

EDIT: I was scared to test 0, I have recently tested it five times. It refuses to register the string cmd and ignores the cheat cmd to set it to 0. However 1 works just as nicely... =)

No, if your able to enter a cheat command and it registers then this will be the same.
I am sure it is possible to disable just cheats, but I haven't found a way to detect when they're entered so it is a bit difficult currently. I am still looking and sadly I doubt I will find it because it isn't easy to mess with hard-coded stuff.
However it does allow single-player through LAN, and WAN/servers.

Level 19
LAN has a custom cheatengine? Can you link me to it?

Almia that belongs in the JASS tutorials.

lmgtfy.com/?q=cheat+engine

allows you to modify the RAM of a process. (infinite hero level, gold, hp, etc)

Level 19
This is entirely pointless. There is a variable set to the singleplayer state and all you need to do is disable any save systems if it is set.

Let children cheat if they want to. Who are you to stop them?!

Children who cheat,

1) Abuse the game for themselves which reduces its replay value drastically. If they didn't fall into the temptation to cheat, than they mightv'e hosted the game for others or helped others make the experience more enjoyable

2) Are more likely to find ways to abuse the game (e.g. imba save code, game breaking glitches) and use them in online play which will stop others from enjoying it

3) are likely to spread these things along to other people, people who may not have wanted them but wanted to play the game more, but can't now due to boredom.

Not only the above, the creator of the map spent his hard time and brainpower into creating a work of art, I think its perfectly reasonable for him to wish people do not abuse the game.

Also, the system is not pointless because this "cheat" (referring to call Cheat() ) is not really known in the hacking environment so alot of people will go right by it when trying to enable SP

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
1) Abuse the game for themselves which reduces its replay value drastically. If they didn't fall into the temptation to cheat, than they mightv'e hosted the game for others or helped others make the experience more enjoyable
Highly unlikely. When I was a child and used to cheat it was so I could test the map out fast to see if it was worth playing fairly. Many maps I did not play or hacked their save systems just because I could not cheat in single player to see the map and check if it was anygood.

2) Are more likely to find ways to abuse the game (e.g. imba save code, game breaking glitches) and use them in online play which will stop others from enjoying it
No as the save systems are disabled anyway. If they want to abuse the game they can just plug any old values into the maps save system with simple script modifications. Obviously all anti-single player stuff will be disabled then.

3) are likely to spread these things along to other people, people who may not have wanted them but wanted to play the game more, but can't now due to boredom.
No because they already cannot make cheated save codes thanks to turning off the save system.

Also, the system is not pointless because this "cheat" (referring to call Cheat() ) is not really known in the hacking environment so alot of people will go right by it when trying to enable SP
They will not be looking for it, instead their irritation for not being able to have a mess around in single player will drive them to search for the map save triggers and export those for their evil and malicious purposes.

The only time cheat codes should be considered for disabling is when they will seriously break the map (to the point the player cannot progress and might think the map is broken). In that case custom cheat codes should be added for single player so that players who want to cheat still can.

To summarize the above. Some times players just want to be able to mess around with a map. Cheats are equivalent to sandbox mode which some players may like. Denying them the ability to sandbox can upset or annoy players, even if it has good intentions and can often end up doing far more bad for the map than it does good. An example being many maps where at some point I became stuck but thanks to whosyourdaddy and iseedeadpeople in single player I was able to find what I was meant to do and then go back to playing fairly in multiplayer. If I could not have done that chances are I would either resort to less fair methods to progress forcefully or stop playing the map altogether.

Last edited:
Bump, it is a neat method. I would like to approve it, but I need a bit more of an explanation on how it works. I'm assuming the command only works in single-player, and it will change the user's FPS to 1. If so, you should mention that in the first post.

At the moment, it is more of a trigger-display/resource than a tutorial. It just needs a little bit of explanation.

P.S. Sorry for not getting to this much sooner. It is rather difficult for me to test multiplayer things like this since I can only do it on my PC.

I changed my mind, too many people know about this and will likely make their own version of this as a tutorial. I'll see what I can do purge.

By the way how would it work in multiplayer? I don't see how unless you had access to open0source wc3 where you could disable that condition from not allowing it in Bnet.

I did mention it in the first post, It is so simple so there isn't much more I can add....

This isn't a multiplayer thing.

Last edited:
Level 19
I changed my mind, too many people know about this and will likely make their own version of this as a tutorial. I'll see what I can do purge.

By the way how would it work in multiplayer? I don't see how unless you had access to open0source wc3 where you could disable that condition from not allowing it in Bnet.

I did mention it in the first post, It is so simple so there isn't much more I can add....

This isn't a multiplayer thing.

It's not meant to disallow sp on bnet, only sp on sp, where you can use stuff like greedisgood or poweroverwhelming.

Level 12
Why has nobody mentioned that this is known for a long time?
It's nice when newer generations also "discover" something but damn, it would be so much fun if it really pushed the borders. Get this going already^^.

Why has nobody mentioned that this is known for a long time?
It's nice when newer generations also "discover" something but damn, it would be so much fun if it really pushed the borders. Get this going already^^.

Not many people knew and I was a much different person in the past.

What do you mean by get reading wc3 memory going?

Cool things that are really new? We were always able to read stuff from wc3 to disc and back, not to mention bypassing blizz's max file-size limitations with local files which they officially put in themselves which is kind of sad because we always had the capability to have 12+mb maps...

Lot's of fun stuff. =) Did you check out changing health permantly with player handicap?

Level 12
If we could revert it back using the command anyways?

You won't notice whats happening unless you are someone who plays with show fps command enabled(what??), or someone who knows this trick(too few people).

Well, if mapmaker wants to disable singleplayer he can just use allyourbasearebelongtous anyway instead of max fps.But I assume this is harder to detect for war3map.j readers.

You won't notice whats happening unless you are someone who plays with show fps command enabled(what??), or someone who knows this trick(too few people).

Well, if mapmaker wants to disable singleplayer he can just use allyourbasearebelongtous anyway instead of max fps.But I assume this is harder to detect for war3map.j readers.

If you could make the script un-accessible then any method would be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.