• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A simple hero AI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Does anyone know/can link me to a tutorial/link me to a script to put in that makes heroes intellegent?
What I need to do is to make heroes in my map automatically buy items, engage the enemy, teleport/move around and retreat when necessary.

Thanks

Level 18
Yea there is actually a function but you have to use custom script:

• Custom Script: "call MakeComputersSmarter( "buy items", "engage enemy", "teleport/move", "retreat if necessary" )
Hope you can get it to work!

Reactions: Rui
Level 4
I believe the AI editor only works for melee maps...

No, you can make AIs without it being Melee, You jus have to learn how to use it.

(Don't ask me, I have no idea how to use it either but I never even opened the thing before)

Level 4
Use MeleeAI as basic (native ability to pick items, learn skills wave system and injury condition). AI requires many conditions to do an action - since the words "think to do". AI is not simple. It's complicated. But there are no limits to improve them although JASS is very limited.

Status
Not open for further replies.