• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A question with UVW Unwrap (3dsmax)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
So I was making a model from scratch. And I learned a quick way to make that UVW with quick peeling and relaxing. But, I didnt find those tool in my 3dsMax 2010. Then I tried 3dsMax 2013 and I find them. But sadly, I cant open .max file from 2010 in 2013. I can export to 3ds or fbx but I need to re-configure a lot of stuff. Also my neodex is not work on 2013, so i need to export it to 2010 again and reconfigure stuff again.

The questions:
1. Does quick peeling available on 2010? I kinda still confused with UI
2. Are there any other easy way to UV unwrap?

edit: (damn my words are suck). hmm.. is it peel or pelt? lol

Last edited:
Level 17
You can always unwrap it manually.
I personally always avoid automatic generation of any kind, especially in max.
Anyway, there are lots of other ways to automatically fold or flatten uvws in old versions as well.
When you are in the edit UVW of unwrap tab it is under mapping tab > flatten mapping OR fold mapping if you want to create and unfold uvw islands.
Just make sure that the Face sub-object mode is selected.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.