• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] A question about the workings of The Marketplace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Right. I've been reading the odd thread online about the Marketplace. Some from this esteemed site. Even so, I don't really feel too well informed as to the inner workings of said Marketplace.

I've done some test runs so far on a non-melee map, and nothing becomes available, even though Neutral Hostile creeps have dropped a multitude of different items from all categories in those test runs on my RPG map. And yes, I'm aware there's a time factor involved, before the dropped items actually begin showing up in a Marketplace. That's not an issue, since I've done kill and drop tests far beyond that time frame.

Does it only work in melee? If so, that would answer my question, but if not, then what exactly would I have to do to get it to work in a non-melee map?

Level 6
I want it to cycle through dropped items as in a regular melee map. The other type of Marketplace is perhaps an interesting concept for another shop, but I think I have the shops I already want for the map in question.

Truth be told, I actually thought The Marketplace worked, no matter which type of map you played.

Level 6
I want it to cycle through dropped items as in a regular melee map. The other type of Marketplace is perhaps an interesting concept for another shop, but I think I have the shops I already want for the map in question.

Truth be told, I actually thought The Marketplace worked, no matter which type of map you played.
Bro Marketplace works like this: whenever a unit drops an item of a given category, it will add an item of that same category every once and a while to its stock. You have to drop the item using the default drop system from warcraft.

Example: create a footman at a point in your map and set it to drop "claws of attack" (Permanent Category). As soon as the map starts kill the footman using triggers and then remove the dropped item using triggers as well. After this, ALL marketplaces in your map will begin to add Permanent items to their stocks over time.

For melee maps, these item drops occur naturally as you kill preplaced neutral creeps with predefined random drops. As soon as the item touches the ground all marketplaces will begin to work. If your map does not use the DEFAULT drop system from warcraft (be it part of the gameplay or a triggered drop by slaying a creep then removing the item using triggers) marketplaces won't create items by themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.