• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A New World

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
This isnt as big as other projects going on here, but give me a break, im a noobie at this, anways......

The New World
Beta Stage :)fp:

Hear Me!!!!! Public Beta Is Now RELEASED!!!!!!
Send any info regarding bugs to [email protected] or post it here or just pm me!

This is a custom melee map i am making from scrath featureing 4 unique new races that have VERY diffrent playing styles that may be easy or hard to use, but are all equaly strong.

Terrain Progress:100%
The Wrath of the Forest: 100% *Might Change in future*
The Shadow Crusade: 100%
Troll Islands: 100%
The Nomadic Desrts: 100%*in progress*
RACE Progress-
The Traveling Nomads- 100%
Abilitys- 100%
Techtree- 100%
Research- 100%
Upgrades- 100%?(may add more in future)
Units/Buildings- 100%

The Shamanic Trolls- 100%
Abilitys-100%
Techtree-100%
Research- 100%
Upgrades- 100%
Units/Buildings- 100%

The Wrath of The Forest- 100%
Abilitys- 100%
Techtree- 100% *may add more in future*
Research- 100% *may add more in future*
Upgrades- 100%
Units/Buildings- 100%

The Shadow Crusade-100%
Abilitys- 100%
Techtree-10%
Research- 100%
Upgrades- 100%
Units/Buildings-100%

New Races:
The Traveling Nomads- In my opinion, thease are the easist to use in the beginning but weak later on in the game. This is the best race for players who rush because soldiers are trained quickly and cheaply.The downside is that if the game is stretched out too long, the nomads will probably lose because their tier 3 units are only as strong as a another race's tier 2.6 unit. This is a good race for those who dont like to build because towns can move themselves by packing themselves. Only some high tier buildings cannot move.

Units-(FiNISHED! This list does not contain all units, only a taste. To See all, play the newest map version.)
Tier 1- Axe Nomad: *Unit EDITED*Can be trained in any tier central building, good at harvesting lumber and has a moderate attack power.

Miner:Built in the same place as the axe nomad, this replaces it as starting unit. The change job ability is removed due to a large bug that cant be fixed.

Pig: This is an unique unit, pigs take NO food and produces 2 food. Its cheap and produced quicky.

Pig Den: A small home that breeds pigs , can be upgraded to provide more foood and provids 4 food.

Central Tent: A tent that issues commands, trains axe nomads and provide 12 food.

Inner Circle Huntix: And Normal strength melee unit that wields a long katana.
Tier 2-
Pig Farm: a large breeding complex that mass breeds pigs and so provides more food.Provides -6- 10 food.

Central Encampment: Upgraded central tent, allows more units, also allows you to train the Inner Circle Units

Pikewoman: light spear unit, a llitle slow but deals good damage.

Inner Defender: A Highly Defensive unit that does weak damage but has a very strong defence.

Advanced Axeman: And Axe Nomad equipped with a shield and basic body armor and a helm, slightly better defence and attack, but cannot harvest lumber.
Tier 3:
Permanent Enncampment: Upgraded central encampment, allows you to train the tier 3 ultimate unit.

Inner Circle Swordsman: Tier 3 Strong Unit, Requires you to have the Leader Of The Inncer Circle Hero to train.

HEROS:
Leader Of The Inner Circle- a supaer advanced palidin type unit, it excels in holy magic and communication with god.
Skills:
Holy Smite: Calls down holy light that burns an single area for some massive damage, and creating flames that damage units that step into the burned area.

Holy Wave: Calls for a beam of holy light to fly out in front of the hero, damaging units in front of tha hero in a line.

Holy Force: Send waves of holy energy that can split into 3 that damages enemy troops.

:thumbs_up::fp:Wrath of God: Call down the wrath of god, having many bolts of holy enrgies blast accross the battle field, exploding on enemys and burning them to oblivion.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
The Wrath of The Forest(formally wood elves)(DONE, Veiw latest PREVIEW to see all units.)-
Wrath of the Forest is a race of treants an other tree relates creatures. unlike the night elf race in TFT, This race contains ONLY Treants and various forest spirits. This race is a slow race, literaly. Units are slower than other races, making it difficult to run out of battles. They make up for that fact of being strong and powerful. This race is also a hard to play by most people because gold is an not really needed resource, while previously in the past, Gold is used for almost everything. Lumber now, is THE main resource, gold is still used but lumber is used in place of gold. Your Farei Gathering provides food, but its expensive, so your Fareis are important because they provide food.

Teir 1-
Mother Tree- same as TFT's Tree of life, has healing aura

Forest Elemental- and creature made of roots and branches, given life and held together by magic, this creature was spawn in times of war.

Treant Druid- Ranged magical unit, has no special abilitys and is created using gold instead of lumber.

Forest Jackal- Fast attacking unit who has good HP and has fast attack speed

Farei- 2nd worker unit, cannot build structures or harvest resources, but is required to allow various units and building to attack.

Farei Gathering- An defensive structure that requires Fareis to power it(Max. 4), fareis fly out at high speeds to explode upon enemys(of course not actualy like that, it just LOOKS like that). Also provides food.

Moon Cannon- Can be built or trained in either a building or by an wisp, these throw star bolts at enemy's. Must root to fire the star bolts and must uproot to move(be comes an melee unit)
Teir 3-
Moon Jaguar- An creature made using parts of an ancient and a shard made from the moon, it is an melee unit and has an VERY fast attack speed when at full power. Requires Fareis to fight(Max.4)
Sun Beast- Originaly an artillary unit, it is weak compared to today's standards. It's sun bounce attack allows it's sun bolt
Trolls (diffrent from TTOR Mod, and ALOT better models)-
Trolls could be the hardest to use race early on ingame, but is very strong if you play your cards right. they use mostly ranged units so focus on balancing you ranged with your melee, the melee shoul be used to kinda give some room for the ranged units.Troll units are expensive and slow to train, so use you basic troll Axethrower to hold your stronghold while creating a strong army.

Teir 1-
Troll Axe Thrower: Most weakest and cheapest unit. Cost a measly 50 gold and 5 Lumber. Hase weak ranged attack and low HP, but is VERY fast to produce.Recommended to defense early on ingame, but later, your gonna need to dish out the troll's bigger stuff

Troll Meeting Totem: Trains worker units and troll Axe throwers. Has Inspiration Ability, which increases attack speed, movement speed, and attack damage of nearby friendly units

Peon: same as normal peopn except it has diffrent buildings.

Teir 2-
Training Center: Trains more stronger units. Currently trains troll glaive throwers.

Troll Glaive Thrower: Strong glaive thrower, has a range of 250 and does nice damage, you should try to replace all you troll axe throwers with thease ASAP
The Shadow Crusade(Most Unique Race)
This race has almost no buildings, mostly tents and some defensive towers。 The Shadow Crusade is an race that relys on using magics and summoning units onto the battlefield。 This may the the hardest race to use, because you ,ust make sure battles dont take too long or else the summoned units lose their time。
Updates:
0.1: Early Map release NOW!!!, DEMO version- HUGE Bug, demo is unplayable.
0.2-5: Bug fixes, new units to nomad race is added.
0.6: New DEMO!, Nomad race is now completed with its 4 brand new heros, now, 3 _______of the heros require you to build buildings specific to its class(Magi Hero Needs _______Totem ofMagic. Also fixed the huge bug that makes the map unplayable, so now you can palay it!
[B0.7-1.0]
: New bug fix, add new treant race units. New Hero Called Lorekeeper
1.3: YAY first map is out!, plays like a melee map, but has much triggers involved to increase fun. Turn subtitles on.
2.2: Cheers!, the races are complete, and now, you may download the newest Wrath of the Forest version. BTW, the only race abvalible for AI is UNDEAD, dont set any other race as Computer or nothing happens.
BETA TEST!!!! Now the beta maps are all out, each map has all four races but the enviorment for each map is more suited for the race in the description.

Attachments

• The Frozen Northlands.w3x
    6.2 MB · Views: 140
  • The Searing Desert.w3x
    6.1 MB · Views: 59
  • The Troll Islands.w3x
    6.1 MB · Views: 81
  • Wrath of the Forest.w3x
    6.5 MB · Views: 119
Last edited:
Level 10
This is second Updater Post, in case the first is too big:
Map historys-
The Searing Desert:
An desert with the history of an ancient people inscribed among the sands. Explore the towering dunes, traverse through the Sands. Beware of desert sandstorms, for thay are frequent.
Native Race-The Traveling Nomads.
Gold- scarce.
Lumber- scarce.
Wide open room.
Hard Difficulty.
*There will be actually sandstorms during random points in the game that can carry you units away into the perilous heat, during the morning, all units that aren't the nomad race will take damage from the heat if they aren't near an oasis.*

The Night Forest:
You have reached an lush forest. Rain seems to be constant and The forest seems to be alive. Everywhere you turn, trees come to life and strike out at you. Is there more to this forest then it seems?
Native Race- Treants
Gold- Scarce
Lumber- ALOT
Little room.
Medium Difficulty.
*Again, like the desert map, there are dangers, at select areas, if you aren't the treant race, you will find yourself surrounded by forest elemental. (HINT: Most of these areas have an Forest Statue, these have an region of power that causes treants to spawn when you get near them, if you destroy them, the treants will stop spawning.)*

The Frozen Northlands:
Your surrounded in a brisk cold that seems to chill you to the bone, Howling winds and constant snowfall make it hard to survive unless you an undead. Caves containing gold can be found aplenty, and they protect agenst the cold.
Native Race- The Shadow crusade
Gold- ALOT
Lumber- Little
Medium room.
Medium Difficulty.
*This map has an weather concept where if your caught outside in the snow, you units take a little damage as long as they aren't Shadow crusade units. Your units start out in a cavern with a lot of gold, so you wont have to expand a lot. Caverns can be found where there is gold, Caverns also protect against the cold, so you will be safe in bases, but weak if your troops are stranded outside.*
Due to the request of DR.BOOM, im now writing the history of this map's timeline.

The Islands:
Dozens of small islands, surrounded by an deep blue sea, one would call it paradise if it weren't full of Mur'Guls, Tsunamis are common during the day, when the heat can cause the waters to move more, so be careful.
Native Race- Trolls
Gold- little
Lumber- little
Little room.
Hard Difficulty.
* Tsunamis will be be travelling the seas, so be prepared to run, expansion is critical onb this map, because you will run out of room and resources quickly if you stay on one island. Troll Fisherman shacks will sell boats, so expansion wont be too difficult. remember, you surrounded by water, so dont make ur base too expanded, for if there is an attack. you clustered buildings and tight spaces will prove to be a huge disadvantage.*

The Traveling Nomads: The Traveling Nomads, an misterious group of humans, known for their shadow magics. Having no home, they travel through the lands, looking for places to settle to call home. Currently they never found one. They travel form land to land, the desert that separates territories being their only real home.

The Shadow Crusade: The crusade had been traveling in front of the army, and are currently weak from the lack of resources. They chanced upon an an forest full of potential creatures to " recruits" into their army. They began plundering the forest, and their troops licking their teeth in preperation for food.

The Trolls: Native to the islands, they felt it was their need to defend it. their shamans predicted of an great evil coming to their homelands, and so they prepared.

Wrath of the Forest; for Millennias, the forest remained inanimate, storing up power for the prophecy, when one day they felt an evil in the forest. The forest shook itself awake, brimming with anger, and Warriors rose from the grounds. the time has come and the wrath of the forest will be unleashed upon them.

Last edited:
Level 14
Hey!
Sounds nice. Just keep A New World, it's not like it's the same...
Hmm, for race #4...
GOATMEN FROM SPACE(Draenei xD)(Sorry Alagremm for offending you...hah.)
Nah, well, maybe...
Can it be, uhm,something not existing? You said "unique" races.
Well...
Race name: Old Ones
Race description: The Old Ones are a slow race. They are weak in the beggining, but later on, they upgrade and become powerful... This race relies most on unit transforming upgrades, as their first units are really, really weak.

Recommended player skills: A new player may have problems with this race. Experienced players only should try this.

Units :

Villager(Yeah, that simple):
Upgrades used: Carrying Charriots, Militia Equipment
Description: An innocent villager serving the elders of his village. Can carry wood and gold. Has no attack.
Attacks Enabled: None
Movement Type: Foot
Model: No idea. Something night elvish.

Apprentice
Upgrades Used: Marksmanship, Arts of Magic, Normal upgrades (HP, Armor, Attack&Attack speed)
Description: An apprentice training to become, later, a great sage or a great archer.
Attacks Enabled: One attack
Damage : Choose
Can attack air? : Yes
Ranged? : Yes
Movement Type: Foot
Continue yourself? :D

Level 10
@herian, nice idea, but the troll race is kinda a weak beginner but strong ender

trolls good unist are expensive and slow to make, but if you can mass up enough of them, its hard too lose. The only problem is that it is VERY vurnable to rushers like thre nomad race.

Nomads are awsome at rush cuz they can pack their barracks and unpack it near the enemy base, next they can spawn units to fight near the base while attack, which means, they will stop only when they run out of resources.

Their only downside is that their units have lower hp and dmg compared to other units at the same tier. A uopside is that their hero, the Leader of the Inner Cricle is an awsome prophet of tha god kinda unit.

Level 10
The New World...*kough*......*kough*

Yes...but my map is different from both of those maps, my map isn't a rpg or a completely altered strategy map. My map is basicly a melee map with completly new units, not like those other custom race maps that just use models from neutral buildings or neutral units. Yes I use some ingame models, but thats cuz it CANT get better, for example, do you see any custom orc great hall model better than the one already ingame?, also, most other maps use the same model but with different colouring but same icon to make diffrent units like the troll hunter and troll trapper, and that pisses me off, so thats why all my units have different models, some may be the same model but with attachments like different weapons or armour, and if u ask me, that's better than just changing the colour shading.

Level 14
Oh, so the New World doesn't talk about The New World? The name also has been used in things not Warcraft III-related. Same for these, the maps aren't the same AT ALL. Or did you copyright the name? There is no reason to not use "The New World" if the map talks about a new world.

Level 10
I CAnt Really think of a new map name, maby when the pre alpha testing comes out, you can try it and try to give me a good name. the test map will include only the Nomad Race, it will be a closed testing limited to 10 people max, you also have to give real feedback like bugs . Also, If you know how to creat an AI, then you are welcome to join tha team, cuz the new races currently have NO ai so this map must be played online or the computer players must be a defaut race.

For those who wanna be part of the Pre-Alpha Test group, PM me, k?

Level 37
Oh, so the New World doesn't talk about The New World? The name also has been used in things not Warcraft III-related. Same for these, the maps aren't the same AT ALL. Or did you copyright the name? There is no reason to not use "The New World" if the map talks about a new world.

Yeah, but the name isn't the most unique name you can have. It's up to the creator of course what name the map will have. Just a suggestion.

Level 16
Moin moin =)

"Lost Temple" - your new map. I looked again into your map ( last one was a little bit buggy ^^ ) and as I see you learned from it and this time there are no bugs ^^

But first of all I want ask you if you had any idea of the age where this map play / everything is happen? Because you have everything there: Normal humans with no weapon or a wood weapon. Others have metal shields and weapons and then you got some creatures...

Anyway, I like this map somehow ^^ - but I got some points for you:

* I thing, you should rework the Magician of the Inner Circle. I think he's somehow imba, because of his portal, creates many units and these are strong. Also this other form this " Darkness Element" is very useless. Only and aura which brings me to point 2.

* Are you sure that "Darkness Element" and "VoidWalker" should have the same ability, based on the same Ability ID with the same effect. Don't know if that's this good idea.

* Berserker of the Inner Circe: I was a little disappointed about him. I thought he's a warrior, with berserker and faster attacks and ... yes just stronger. So it won't be a fail if you reduce the HP of him but add for example berserker ( faster but takes more damage ) or something

* Inner defender: A loled!!. My question: HOW the hell you want take him down?. Because of his divine armor, he takes only 5% / 30%(from heroes) from incoming damage. Then you give him 30 armor which reduce the incoming damage by 64% again AND! he has the defend ability, which reduce damage again. I placed every unit of your race on the map, I activated "defend" of him and let all units attack him ... it takes 2 and more minutes to take one down...

This is a lot of text and don't think I want hate this map or flame you. This are some points I notice. I like this map and you have some cool ideas, but everything should have a balance and a structure.

Greetings
~ The Bomb King > Dr. Boom

Level 10
@ DR.BOOM, yess, i have addressed thease issues, im answering them in points
-This DEMO isnt very up to date, it uses version 0.6 units, im the current version 1.0,

-idk why not, but darkness elemental now has the portal ability instead of the magician.

-The Berzerker is less hp, but instead of the berserk ability, check his weapon thing, he can THROW his axe at air units, that is EPIC, enemys also explode when he doe the kill strike.

-yes, when i tested him out, i found this uber buff, i redid his defence to heavy but increased it to 40

IDC if you think typing too much is hating, but i really need thease lists, i miss bugs, so i kinda need feedback from testers.

BTW, The Treant race is currently very epic. full Of Magical explosisions and you getting hit by lots of trees.

ALSO- what do you think of my Berzerker champion Hero, if you ask me, his berserk ability is kinda what you wanted, he turns bigger, does more dammage, extra hp, extra def, increased movement speed,super fast attack speed, at the cost of a boatload of mana and ultraa long cooldown

Level 10
BUMP, also, new update, tell me if this is an good idea, but instead of doing one single map, im gonna do one map for the region/area of each race, for example:
Nomads: Desret, little resources
Treant: Lush, forest full of lumbe rand little gold, little area to build so you gotta clear trees
Troll: Island warefare map, 4 player island and 1 central island with alot of other litte islands here and there
Shadow Crusade: Northrend/blizzard style, full of ice and snow, litte lumber but alot of gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.