• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Great Cypress Swamp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
The Great Cypress Swamp is an unofficial expansion pack for Wcr3 TFT. It is based on Creeps Rebellion, which adds a fifth race to the game. I you've any suggestions please say it.

cypress%20swamp001.jpg

Main Features:

*This map is based on the Creep Rebellion mod.
- Creep Rebellion adds a new full and balanced race which consists of creeps and adds a new neutral hero.

*All races (including the new race from the Creep Rebellion mod) have;
-new units.
-new researches.
-new abilities.
-new structures.

*All heroes;
-can level up to level 20
-gain experience slower.
-abilities with 3 levels have now 8 levels and ultimates have now 2 levels.
-each hero has 1 super ultimate ability which he can learn when he's level 20,
this ability is the same for each hero from the same race, so in they're
5 super ultimate abilities in total.

*AI support for the 5 races, exluding the new thingies to the races.

*New creeps and new hirelings (Goblins, Shadows and Nagas).

*All tier 3 townhalls have addons (think of special towers and support buildings).

*Upkeep system changed, biggest change is that you gain gold faster.

*1 new item for each races' shop (it is for each race the same item).

* New improved armor/weapon type tooltips.

*All structures have twice the amount of armor, buildings that can attack deal 50% more damage but also cost +1 food.

*New farm system by Kam, if the player is using more food than he produces, units will lose health overtime and eventually die.

*And some other small changes here and there.

Changelog compared to Grayworld:

* New map.

* Greatly reduced map size: from ~7,6 mb to ~3,9 mb.

* Some units and abilities were changed.

* New farm system by Kam, if the player is using more food than he produces, units will lose health overtime and eventually die.

* New hireling race (Nagas).

*New improved armor/weapon type tooltips.

*Instead that buildings have twice the amount of hp; All structures have twice the amount of armor, buildings that can attack deal 50% more damage but also cost +1 food.

* And some other things.

Attachments

• EnoughSpace.jpg
    EnoughSpace.jpg
    355.5 KB · Views: 472
  • NEWHumanUnits.jpg
    NEWHumanUnits.jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 239
  • GCS Map.jpg
    GCS Map.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 3,985
  • NEWOrcUnits.jpg
    NEWOrcUnits.jpg
    269 KB · Views: 294
  • Human+OrcNEWunits.jpg
    Human+OrcNEWunits.jpg
    245.4 KB · Views: 311
  • NEWUndeadUnits.jpg
    NEWUndeadUnits.jpg
    275 KB · Views: 214
  • NEWnightElfUnits.jpg
    NEWnightElfUnits.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 247
  • NEWgoblinUnits.jpg
    NEWgoblinUnits.jpg
    237 KB · Views: 278
  • NEWshadowUnits.jpg
    NEWshadowUnits.jpg
    233.1 KB · Views: 303
Last edited:
Level 17
Bump/Update features: "*...buildings that can attack deal 50% more damage but also cost +1 food." Exceptions:
->"Hauls of the Dead" and Black Citadel" won't cost extra food but do deal extra damage.
->"Orc Burrow" won't cost extra food and they won't have increased damage.
->"Arcane Tower" will deal 100% more damage instead of 50%.

Also 100% increase in armor is minium. E.g; Scout Towers first had zero/0 armor, now they've 3 armor.

Also note that upgrades that increase structure armor also have been improved by 100%.
"*All structures have twice the amount of armor, buildings that can attack deal 50% more damage but also cost +1 food." Exceptions:
->"Balrog's Mouth" will cost 2 more food instead of one.

Level 15
Frankly, I don't see how you can see so much from just an overview-whole-map-shot. But the terrain could use some variation :)
Nextly, 3.9MB is crazy. How much did you import???
As to the topic of the map layout, I find it rather imbalanced. Some players have larger areas to expand in their starting island whilst others have a smaller island, forcing them to have to expand early, leaving them vulnerable.

I would also suggest that you add ships/Zeppelins and its likes so that players can launch attacks without rushing into the base and risk a battle with towers other players set up outside their base.

Also, given the increase in the strength of buildings, it stands to reason that there should be units/abilities/upgrades that could help certain units/heroes level towers more quickly. Even with a food cost of 1, towers are still quite spammable.

Since you said something about new hirings, does that mean that players are able to hire Nagas and Shadows (I would recommend Dranei as well) from Mercenary Camps or its likes? If so, maybe Nagas are able to assault from the sea (maybe allow them to get up cliffs some how so they can pop out of the water and start destroying) and such.

Just a quick question. Did you get permission from the creator of Creep Rebellion? Unless you are the creator of Creep Rebellion we would expect credits to him/her.
Also, give a link to download Creeps Rebellion so others can try it out.

Finally, good luck with your project. I would not mind helping you draw out the techtree of the races if I am feeling like it :p

Level 17
Thanks for the comments.

Wow, the terrain looks horrible, sorry for the expression. The lack of dodoads and diversity is immense. Vary it more, this is just plain and boring.
, sorry, I actually forgot to say that the map is wip, I was already planning to variaty it more, the map was made in 1 day. It actually contains many doodads and critters, but they are to small to see on the picture (frogs for example), blame JPG for it's quality :p.

Nextly, 3.9MB is crazy. How much did you import???
, keep in mind that map is based of Creeps Rebellion, so yes, 1 new races and many new units/abilities do the trick. Also, I want to use as much custom made units cause I've seen those campaign units to much. The icons take away the most space.

As to the topic of the map layout, I find it rather imbalanced. Some players have larger areas to expand in their starting island whilst others have a smaller island, forcing them to have to expand early, leaving them vulnerable.
, my bad, will be fixed. One thing though, the larger islands also have a way larger passage, so they won't have a choke point.

Also, given the increase in the strength of buildings, it stands to reason that there should be units/abilities/upgrades that could help certain units/heroes level towers more quickly. Even with a food cost of 1, towers are still quite spammable.
, correct, I already have add new artillary units and more are coming, at least each race has gain a new unit/way to destroy structures. Keep in mind though, that buildings take the same amount of damage as before, so use Earthquake and such.

I would also suggest that you add ships/Zeppelins and its likes so that players can launch attacks without rushing into the base and risk a battle with towers other players set up outside their base.
, already in it.

Since you said something about new hirings, does that mean that players are able to hire Nagas and Shadows (I would recommend Dranei as well) from Mercenary Camps or its likes? If so, maybe Nagas are able to assault from the sea (maybe allow them to get up cliffs some how so they can pop out of the water and start destroying) and such.
, exactly, Nagas can swim, walk on land and are fast. Goblins deal excellent damage and have things like mines and spike traps. Shadows are tactical units, they are very different from each other and are mostly meant for support.

Just a quick question. Did you get permission from the creator of Creep Rebellion? Unless you are the creator of Creep Rebellion we would expect credits to him/her.
Also, give a link to download Creeps Rebellion so others can try it out.
, I've given them credits several times (4 times or such, even loading screen). Also, see the quest log for their website and which version this map is based on. All the credits, for Creeps Rebellion and GreatCypressSwamp are located in the quest log.

Finally, good luck with your project. I would not mind helping you draw out the techtree of the races if I am feeling like it :p
, thanks very much, good constructive critiscm :infl_thumbs_up:. Before I'll release this version, I add some info about the new units and screenies and such, I would be darn gratefull if you could give me feedback about them :).

Level 1
Question
>What is the gameplay mode? How do we play? As a full race or some heroes?
>What is "Creep Rebellion mod"
>About the AI support. What are the features of AI itself? How does it make the computer active?
>You mentioned Shadows. Any screenshot of the units? Individual screenshot will be nice
>In the second screenshot the bottom unit is not clear

Some Suggestion
>The post's Main Features can use some line gaps & maybe color variation
>The last screenshot does not show the spell clearly. Cannot see the hydra clearly. Improve that.

Level 17
Thanks for the feedback Zelda.Alex.

>What is the gameplay mode? How do we play? As a full race or some heroes?
, you can see this as an expansion pack for Warcraft 3 The Frozen Throne skirmish and multiplayer mode. It works the same as any normal Warcraft 3 map exept that this add new stuff like a new race, new units etc. (all the main features are addons to the game).

>What is "Creep Rebellion mod"
, this mod adds a new race to wcr3 TFT. The Great Cypress Swamp is based off this mod and adds even more things. So you could say this is an more expanded Creeps Rebellion.

>About the AI support. What are the features of AI itself? How does it make the computer active?
, fully AI support exept for the new units I've added. So, (all 4 normal races + Creeps Rebellion race have easy/medium/hard/insane AI support) -(The Great Cypress Swamp extra units/structures).

>You mentioned Shadows. Any screenshot of the units? Individual screenshot will be nice
, yes their will be a screenshot of the Shadow race (these act as hirelings). Individual screenshots are nice indeed, but this mods adds so much units that there will be a screenshot overkill if I upload screenshots for every unit.

>In the second screenshot the bottom unit is not clear
, pardon for that, the model (not the skin) is similiar to the Water Elemental. I'll eventually post a screenshot will all the new added units so you can see them in an other angle.

>The post's Main Features can use some line gaps & maybe color variation
, will do.

>The last screenshot does not show the spell clearly. Cannot see the hydra clearly. Improve that.
, sorry about that, I'll make a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.