• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A Need for a Nose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
So hey, I have a question that I'm sure is simple-to-fix, but I need some help regardless.

I've been editing Sellenisko's Darkspear Hero model for my project (with permission of course). I need it maskless (among other things), but as I'm finding to be the standard, he simply deleted the nose vertices entirely; his face has a big hole in it.

So how do I fix this? I know that I need to re-create a nose mesh, but all of my attempts have failed. I haven't truly geomerged in a while... I though MdlVis could handle it easily, what with copy/pasting vertices, creating triangles, etc... But that didn't work. I even tried copy/pasting an entire nose over from another Troll & attaching it, but I couldn't combine the geosets & it messed up my model badly.

I can attach pictures if needed but it's quicker without (& the concept is straightforward: "how do i shot nose?"). Halp plz?

Thanks in advance, you beautiful people.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
For future Googlers...
PROXY said:
I opened up Mdlvis, opened up the original headhunter portrait, selected the vertices of the nose, copy them onto your portrait/main model, merged the vertices where they belonged in the face, went to the bones tab, selected the new nose/the merged vertices, attached them to the right bone via the panel on the left and voila :)

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.