• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Unwrap issue (problem in model)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
In my model, I've used basic shapes to create the meshes and edited the vertex positions to create the exact shapes I want. Now in LithUnwrap, all groups come out as squares made of triangles. How am I supposed to know where to place what part?
For example: The head is one part, but if it shows up as a square (again made of triangles), how would I have to know where to draw the mouth, eyes, ears and nose?

So what did I do wrong that it only shows squares? I know the problem lies in the model, because I get the exact same with 3 different programs.

Level 2
I will my brother use's. The program [Forgot name] will load in squares but that can be changed as well. It allows you to click a face and it will showon the 3d version where that piece is. Link will be available in a few hours.

Level 18
@NhazUl: I can differ them from one another, they're just all shaped like squares, which is not normal. And I'm not planning to keep checking over and over again for every vertex if it's the one I need to draw an ear. That would take a dozen times longer to make then when the problem would actually be solved. Thanks anyway.

@M3dalz: If I understand correctly, this will get me the same results as what NhazUl posted, right?

Level 2
Maybe never used mldvis though here its called UltimateUnwrap3D. That works for my models when my brother needs to unwrap and texture.

Level 2
You are probably doing it wrong then. I believe you select it all and right click on the unwraped version. Select like sphere or a different shape setting and it will lay it out differently.

Status
Not open for further replies.