• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A map with a unique combat system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Now before I begin, I have no plans as of yet for making a map to use what I am about to propose. HOWEVER, should you choose to make something of the sort, please atleast credit me for the idea should you use it in your map, ok? Thank you.

NOW! I'm sure we've seen all of these shooting maps where you left click on the "shoot" ability then target the enemy and wham (if not, look em' up). I'm sure we've seen TcX, the wicked yet complicated Quake-like shooting map. I'm sure we've seen Elimination Tournament, which uses the aforementioned "left click 'shoot' to shoot" method. Now what we haven't seen is an old-school like shooter. You know... where you move around something with arrow keys and you press a key to shoot? It's simple to make, I'm sure. But with a tiny sprinkle of vJASS (or whatever it is you call it), you can take it one step further...

I'm talking a shooter map where there are more keys than just "shoot". WCIII is a 3D engine, so why not jump? Adding various bits of elevation? Ok, that's a start. Why not add clips and a reloading system? Ok, some added realism. How about grenades with simulated physics? Ok, now we're getting somewhere. How about corpses that fly with said simulated physics? NOW we have a game!

My fellow Hive users, what I am proposing is that we make a realistic yet fun arcade-style shooter that will, (excuse the pun) blow us AWAY!

For added flavor, why not add animations that look like the unit has been knocked up into the air by a grenade? How about multiple randomized death animations that will play depending on how a unit is positioned (I.E. a guy dies by a ledge, and the limbs that hang off it move down [via animation+triggering, of course]).

[Discuss]

Status
Not open for further replies.