• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

A little look..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Heya, I got a GUI-map, which always has 'Desync's when i play with many players.
I made a lot of memory leak cleaning and still it happens.
Would anyone of you be so nice and would take a little look into the map and give me some tips or hints whats leaking and/or how i could try to fix it?

Last edited:
Level 17
Heya, I got a GUI-map, which always has 'Desync's when i play with many players.
Would anyone of you be so nice and would take a little look into the map and give me some tips or hints whats leaking and/or how i could try to fix it?

u dont use too much low periodic trigger with alot unorganized action?

Level 2
I dont exactly know what you mean with that shadowvzs
I never really followed any guides or tutorials and pretty much learned anything myself except stufff like call RemoveLocation etc..
And yet I have made 2 little maps of totally different kind and one of those is very original and i have never seen something like that before o; (http://www.epicwar.com/maps/223324/)

@SeriousEnemy: I have sent you the map [:

Level 16
I just had a very brief look. You have a tonne of leaks.

In fact, I dont see any evidence of "leak cleaning". Every time you "Create 1 unit at Centre of Region". You create a leak! Points (that means the place you make the unit at - the point) will leak. Points are just one type of leak though.

Take a look at this tutorial: http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/cat_usersubmit.php?view=27242

Level 2
I just had a very brief look. You have a tonne of leaks.

In fact, I dont see any evidence of "leak cleaning". Every time you "Create 1 unit at Centre of Region". You create a leak! Points (that means the place you make the unit at - the point) will leak. Points are just one type of leak though.

Take a look at this tutorial: http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/cat_usersubmit.php?view=27242

rofl, didnt u see all the

set temppoint = bla in region
create unit at temppoint
customscript: call removelocation: temppoint

???

also i didnt clean the floating text + scoreboard, since they leak only once and that doesnt take much space

Last edited:
Level 2
I dont remember if i told you in the first post, but the Desync's happen after a long while in the game.
The ini trigger is fine and i know that there are things which shall not be done while map ini.

But i will take a look at things which start working at the time when the desyncs occur ( they never happen in the start )

Status
Not open for further replies.