• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Repeated Server Splits and Disconnects

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I have this map, see, and almost every time I host it, after a few minutes everyone drops from it at the same time, or everyone but one or two other folks. I have tried to clean every memory leak I see, so I have no idea what's causing the massive amount of disconnects.
Is there an easy way to find out what's wrong and fix it? I'd happily email the map to anyone who wants to take a look at it.
-candy

Level 17
Use the pastebin to post your map here.
Describe what's happening when people get server splits. What triggers fire, what players do, etc.
The most common reason for server splits is the incorrect use of the GetLocalPlayer() function.
There is also a very small chance that your internet connection was simply bad when you hosted the map.

Level 2
What's polled wait and how do I make it using the GUI?

Edit:
One thing I've noticed is that while playing this map and I'm NOT hosting it, the game lags a little every time units spawn. That's when the unit spawning trigger runs. Does that mean the trigger has memory leaks, or that I just need to write a trigger that spawns less units simultaneously?
I'm wondering if maybe that's causing some of the disconnects.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.