• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A homing missile that can be dodged and a question about pop up menus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
As the title says, I was wondering if one could make a spell, which casts a fireball and it tracks the player not perfectly but in a sloppy way so it can be dodged when it gets close with a sharp movement. I didn't find any spells like that if there is one please link it.

Another is; I searched in the tutorials but I couldn't find it; how to create pop up menus. For example; a question is asked to the players and there are 2 options available, the game is concerned to the option which is chosen by the majority. Can I make such a system like this? If there's a tutorial pls link...

Thanks

Level 19
1) Certainly possible. You could make the projectile home to the target with a small delay. Or you can limit the maximum change in the projectiles direction. There most likely isn't a tutorial for this.

2) Dialogs.

Thanks for the reply, do you have a similar spell in your resources that I can use? I would really like to see your coding, you do such clean coding and perfect spells.

I'll check the tutorials then for the dialogues :)

Status
Not open for further replies.