• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A few things...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi guys i need a bit of help with a couple of things for my SC map,

Firstly... for the nuke ability with the Ghost, i cant duplicate it exactly but I've got it in a way that seems fine to me (you can judge for yourself but i like it) the Nuke Silo produces a nuke every 10 or so minutes and the ghost is the only unit with an inventory so it can buy it and use it... I'm using infernal for the item so it wants a unit to be used for summoned unit... I thought about a dummy unit and I'm gonna check out the video on dummy units in a sec but could anyone suggest a better way to do it or something instead of dummy units...

SecondlyFor the Science Vessels irradiate ability i chose lightning shield, the only problem is that lightning shield will only damage units around it and not the targeted unit... is there anyway to change this or a better ability to be used???

ThirdlyCan anybody suggest a good way to have the buildings with ad-on's Create the Ad-on without having to train them since in editor buildings don't have a structures built category, I'm stumped for ideas hoping someone could suggest one? also a way to make them inactive when the parent structure has lifted off and isn't contacted with the Ad-On structure eg. Starport with Con Tower, Starport lifts off, Con Tower becomes inactive

FourthlyHow do i change the colour of the floating Data when resources are dropped off like with Gold/Vespene Gas from Yellow to green and Lumber/Minerals from Green to blue???

Lastly, But certainly not leastI need a few models that i cant find on hive can someone give me any links they are as followed: All the following are Terran Models: Science Vessel, Science Facility, Control Tower Ad-On, Physics Lab Ad-On, Covert-Ops Ad-On, Mac Shop Ad-On and ComSat Station Ad-On if anyone finds these please post links

Last edited by a moderator:
Firstly: You should just use that dummy unit way with infernal.

Secondly: Make targets include "Self"

Thirdly: use triggers, make the building be able to upgrade and have a trigger that creates an addon next to the building.

Fourthly: i think you have to make a model or somthing but in gameplay interface there is a section called Model - Bounty Art

Lastly: im a lil lazy to search at the moment.

Level 4
Firstly i thought of something that will work, to long to explain but it will work for me, Secondly i did that but doesnt that make it so u can use the ability to target the unit using the ability???? Thirdly Cool thanks Fourthly thanks i got in to that ages ago and couldnt remember where to find it.. lastly meh i cant be either lol

Level 19
for second lightning shield cannot damage unit you must use a permanent immolation added by a spell with duration OR dummy hp reduce aura sharer OR
if you say permanent immolation has icon and I dont want icon you use phoenixfire

Level 4
with triggers what do i use im sh!t with triggers and as far as i could find there wasnt any events that generalise as upgrade completed or anything like that.....

Level 4
Will this work with dummy units? The dummy named Irradiate has the phoenix fire ability made to Irradiate, will the dummy create when normal irradiate is cast by the Science Vessel with this trigger or do i need to specify an event still cause there wasnt one i could find that made sense or that was relevant to the trigger

Attachments

• Trigger 1.JPG
    Trigger 1.JPG
    11 KB · Views: 150
Level 19
Event ->Generic Unit events-> Unit starts effect of an ability
Condition ability being cast is equal to Irradiate
Action is
Unit - Add Phoenix Fire to target unit of ability being cast
Wait blabla seconds
Unit - Remove Phoenix fire from target unit of abiltiy being cast
Unit - Issue order with target triggering unit cast a buff only ability (I mean ability without any effect like %0 miss curse with blabla seconds) to target unit ability being cast (you must give ability to dummy unit in object editor)

Another trigger
periodic event 0.5 seconds
pick every unit in map
if picked unit has ***** buff equal to false
remove phoenix fire from unit

Also you must use custom phoenix fire with friendly,self targets

Level 4
Unit - Issue order with target triggering unit cast a buff only ability (I mean ability without any effect like %0 miss curse with blabla seconds) to target unit ability being cast (you must give ability to dummy unit in object editor)

that really doesnt make sense to me i cant find an action named issue order with target triggering unit, if ur gonna put the trigger down can u copy it word for word... please and thankyou

Level 19
  • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Undead Banshee - Curse (Target unit of ability being cast)

Level 4
Ok guys I'm stumped for this... I'm shit with triggers, I'm shit with making maps work I'm about to give up.... you guys have given me heaps of help.. but it still doesn't work... i did what Need_02 recommended with the triggers and stuff and the phoenix fire didn't work cause i saw no projectiles and the enemies around the target weren't taking damage..... what did i do wrong

Level 4
I really don't wanna work on a SC map anyways its just been annoying me since the word Go, im working on a hunters map, 3 hunters, Lots of Critters (can people please post any links to Dinosaur Models... im a little short) and some awesome ability's like a few paralising ones and u no stuff like dat, if i need any help ull be the first people i think of, Hive For Life, much love Hive and Crew and if anyone needs help ill try and give what i can do or what i know

Level 5
Sadly, i wasnt here to help. Perm immo is still the best tho. Heres the basic triggering.

Event
Unit Begins Casting An Ability
Condition
Ability being casted equals to Lightning Shield
Actions
Add perm immo to ((Target Of Ability Being Cast))
Wait x seconds
Remove Perm Immo from ((Target Of Ability Being Cast))

Level 4
so i dont need dummy unit then spyda?

yeah elen i found olof earlier i got like 4 off him but i delved deeper and found like 12 so im good for the dino's now

wow that worked.... dude thank you so much im now working on my SC map again... u rule

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 4
oh dont worry about the bounty im removing the bounty from all units, also when i cast irradiate or lightning shield now with dark conversion as the targets effect it doesnt appear on the custom units like the firebat and when i do defense matrix it has the lightning shield the 3 orbs orbitting the target it also doesnt appear on any custom units E.g SCV, Goliath, Siege Tank etc. any ways to make it appear?????

Level 19
well anyway working on a SC map doesnt help ya I guess cuz you cant do much things in SC only missions and cinematics or creating units AS I KNOW
Anyway and Sorry if Phoenix Fire doesnt damage friendly even if Targets contain friendly

Status
Not open for further replies.