• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

A crapload of Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
6 Questions:

==Triggered/Passive skills?==
I know how to trigger some random stuff but how do I make it all show in a passive?

==Skill Books==
Anybody who played Defiances ORPG would know his skill books. Well, I dont know if anyone knows but how do I make one?

==Changing Model/Name in game==
The class hero in DotA AI fun taverns allow you to change your character while in game. How does this happen?

==RPG save code?==
I know i'm probably ignorant but how do I make doing this much easier?

==Skinning Custom Models (Or just small color tweak)==
Yeah, title says it all. What do I do?

==Respawn?==
The respawn triggers I tried to make all failed. Can someone show me a good one? (For heores and creeps)

==Making fog of war go back again after leaving area==
How do I make the fog of war go back to black after leaving an area?

Thanks to all who would help :D.

Level 8
Well if you searched you would find 5/6 answers. Maybe the 6th one aswell, im not sure. But please use the search button:wink:

Level 20
Answer for 6th, you apply black mask and/or fog of war every 0.10 seconds. Visiblity -> Create black mask etc.

And respawn for hero is simple: Unit dies, if triggering unit is hero equal to true, wait 10 seconds, revive triggering unit. So the idea is, if you use triggering unit the trigger works.

Level 3
1. for EX. a percentage chance to get instant kill.

2. SOLVED

3. While in game, you are able to change your hero model and name while keeping original level and exp.

4. SOLVED

5. It doesnt exactly work how I want it to but anyways, solved.

Level 28
1) Damage detection system, [Your Percent] less than or equal to (random number between 0-100) = true, activate ability.
(this is the short answer, there are damage detection systems on the hive, just need to add the event to the instant-kill trigger, create the random integer and kill the unit...).

3) "replace unit"-action...?

I would also advice removing the leaks created by most triggers... (just in case) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.