• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fog of War help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
how do you make a area have fog of war off? what button is it or is it in triggers? Please i need help with getting rid of the fog of war in a certain area

I don't know if you can, but if ou got a unused player slot (example: Brown), you can make this player Share Vision with all other players and craete a dummy unit (you can even adjust sight radius in Object Editor) in the area you wanna get rid of the FoW. Very simple.

Level 7
arg I don't have world editer on this comp atm otherwise I'd show you but it is indeed possible, very easy in fact, on the actions it's something like: Create visibility modifer, then you have to enable visibility modifier. Sorry I can't be more specific.

Level 11
Create a region in your desired area, Then create a trigger that has an action like this:

[trigger=]
Visibility - Create an initially Enabled visibility modifier for (Player) emitting Visibility across (Region)
[/trigger]

Edit:

It is up to you what the event is.

Level 8
Visibility modifiers are good, but with my idea you get a "walking modifier". But if you don't need it to move, the idea those guys said are the best choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.