• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Reset Fog of War and Black Mask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

How can I reset Fog of War and Black Mask, so that discovered areas will become un-discovered and the map will become completely black.

Also, how do I have to choose the setting so that there is no Fog of War ( showing the areas you already walked around), but covering in dark again once it is not in sight range anymore ?

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Creating an enabled Black Mask when the game starts would work.

Nope, does not work. The whole map stays discovered ( so you can see terrain and stuff, but not what they are doing, I think that's called Fog of War, like in melee maps)

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Did some testing and I think this should work.
Go to Scenario => Map Option then uncheck the "Masked areas are partially visible".
Then add an enabled Black Mask in a playable area.
Alright, thanks, that's one part of the question, now everything is voered in black mask, but areas I walked are partly visible, like in melee maps.

Now I wonder what was the solution to that. Disabling Fog of War should cause walked areas to be fully visible, right ?

-> Does that mean I need a loop enabling Black Mask every turn ?

Level 14
Alright, thanks, that's one part of the question, now everything is voered in black mask, but areas I walked are partly visible, like in melee maps.

Now I wonder what was the solution to that. Disabling Fog of War should cause walked areas to be fully visible, right ?

-> Does that mean I need a loop enabling Black Mask every turn ?

Well probably, I didn't even try disabling a Fog of War.
Also, you don't need to loop enabling the Black Mask, this trigger below is very simple.
  • Melee Initialization
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Visibility - Create an initially Enabled visibility modifier for Player 1 (Red) emitting Black mask across (Playable map area)
Which this will make the area completely black masked. If you explore around, the walked area will become undiscovered.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Well probably, I didn't even try disabling a Fog of War.
Also, you don't need to loop enabling the Black Mask, this trigger below is very simple.
  • Melee Initialization
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Visibility - Create an initially Enabled visibility modifier for Player 1 (Red) emitting Black mask across (Playable map area)
Which this will make the area completely black masked. If you explore around, the walked area will become undiscovered.

Yup, that works perfectly fine. Thanks a lot! You saved me some head beating against the wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.