• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A couple of questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
i have a question, do warriors and rouges have 100 energy like in real game? or not? and more importantly do u learn skills by skill trainers? or by urself i highly sugest from a skill trainer cus thats wher u spend alot of ur money in real WOW at low lvls. is the curency system like WOWs? like 100copper=1silver ect.?

Level 25
1) Yes. Pretty soon we will add a Rage/Energy system.

2) Yes. You learn new skills and upgrade already learned skills at your class trainer, just like WoW.

3) Yes. It costs money to buy new/upgrade spells.

4) No. It's very, very hard to make a Copper, Silver, Gold currency system into Warcraft III. It may even be impossible. We've attempted making this system long ago, but failed.
~Craka_J

Level 1
If you decide to let me join the team, i could script the Rage/Energy system if you haven't done it yet.
Concerning the money system i would suggest to use gold/wood/food. As donut3.5 already said, food is not shown as #/# when you don't have any producers.

Level 3
can i join team as a question asker?

i wonder if i can join team as a question asker/sugestion giver? i ask alot of questions and i give a sugestion once or twice. sure i only played WOW for 10 days on the trial but i saw enough to know a bunch of the featurs. well im already practicly a unoficial question asker.:wink:

Level 25
Yeah. Even though we're most likely going to redo the way people buy items and stuff in Wc3:WoW. When will we do it, is the right question. Probably once we get most PvP and PvE elements down.

I think I'll give you guys old betas just for the hell of it. I've been very generous today and gave out a lot of betas on valid requests. It's not much really. In fact, it's really out-dated compared to what we have now. But it's better than the last open beta and that's what counts ;)
~Craka_J

Level 34
It was pretty bad (the old beta). Sorry. The massive Orgrimmar!?! The lack of skills, or cool skills! Although aspects were good, the AI for computers was decent, and the terrain was OK.

Level 4
so can u please explain the purpose of being an unofficial beta tester -.- i mean i applied got accepted and never got sent one update of the map and when i request one get denied... so yeah i didnt really think it was christmas and that you would do this out of charity or somthing... i just thought i might as well do the YOU appointed me too and never really got to do any work...

Level 25
I remember reading your application. I'm pretty sure I replied to it as well. If I haven't, let me know and I'll get to it probably later on today.

What's the point? Well just think of it as unofficial open closed betas. I give the campaign to those I have faith in them not breaking the rules. Kind of a trust thing. Anyway... Closed Betas are nearing and might release the closed beta next weekend. Unless if Saitek or Warlord_HU ends up delaying the progress a bit.
~Craka_J

Level 4
yeah mate u replied to my application as accepted and the reason i was so angry is ive been pretty much waiting intently for any sign of testing commencing

Level 3
me wanty old beta! seriously if u have been giving out old betas in this thread u shoudl give 1 to me i started the thread

Level 34
Haha, well it's supposed to be a creepy picture. You should see the video that goes with it! Brock Samson!

Yours is sweet by the way!

For some reason the link won't work properly. If you want to see the video, search "Go ahead...take it from me." in youtube.

at

at

Level 4
A question:
Will you have a target system? And if so, could you explain more deeply how it would work? I mean, not script wise, but ingame wise.

Regards /at

at

at

Level 4
What about the Quest Log?
Will you use the basic wc3 one?

Level 5
Just asking.

• CopperSilver
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.25 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 12, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Player((Integer A))) Current gold) Greater than or equal to 100
            • Then - Actions
              • Player - Add -100 to (Player((Integer A))) Current gold
              • Player - Add 1 to (Player((Integer A))) Current lumber
            • Else - Actions
              • Do nothing
  • SilverGold
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.25 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 12, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Player((Integer A))) Current lumber) Greater than or equal to 100
            • Then - Actions
              • Player - Add -100 to (Player((Integer A))) Current lumber
              • Player - Add 1 to (Player((Integer A))) Food used
            • Else - Actions
              • Do nothing
Would this work?
Where gold is copper, lumber is silver & Food is gold?

And then just the oposite way when using Copper, Silver, Gold?

Will it work???

Last edited:
Level 5
i am glad you like it :) i will make a demo map soon, with the triggers for buying stuff ofcourse :)

Edit: Thx for the tip with the
  • tags :)
  • Edit 2:
  • It is harder than i thought, making it go the other way...
  • The problem is that if you have for example: 33 Copper (gold) 4 Silver (lumber) 1 Gold (food)
  • and you try to buy a thing that cost 66 Copper and 10 Silver... You can't! i am trying to make a system that gives you 100 Copper, if you don't have enough, and then subtracts the cost of the item, but it is very hard...
  • Any ideas?

Last edited:
Level 9
Aight, here's what I got for the money thing. Unfortunatly, I couldn't get an equation for it, thus I had to do it by hand. It works pretty well, I think I have all possible chances (There's 6) for something that costs 1 silver, 65 copper. If you don't have enough silver or copper, but have a gold, it'll pull it from there, or if you have 2 silver, but no copper, it'll pull it from there.

Bonus is cute little icons and an edited Gold Cash effect. Didn't bother fixing the fact that if you have too little money the item just vanished...couldn't rememember how to restock. Hopefully someone on the team will be able to improve upon it, but the icons look pretty at the top.

Level 5
Aight, here's what I got for the money thing. Unfortunatly, I couldn't get an equation for it, thus I had to do it by hand. It works pretty well, I think I have all possible chances (There's 6) for something that costs 1 silver, 65 copper. If you don't have enough silver or copper, but have a gold, it'll pull it from there, or if you have 2 silver, but no copper, it'll pull it from there.

Bonus is cute little icons and an edited Gold Cash effect. Didn't bother fixing the fact that if you have too little money the item just vanished...couldn't rememember how to restock. Hopefully someone on the team will be able to improve upon it, but the icons look pretty at the top.

You went on with my idea? :/ plz credit me then. :)

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
this is actually meant to be as accurate to Wow as possible thisruoy, and it would be cooler with that system, especially because otherwise higher lvled buyable items would have retarded prices like 194239 g , i think that would look kinda stupid, but it would ofc be acceptable.

Level 9
You went on with my idea? :/ plz credit me then. :)

I didn't bother since it's in the same thread.

Continuing on with my idea...since it would be pretty worthless to have to make a trigger for every item, I decided to make a formula. But what to use as the "cost" of the item? The item's life! It's never used otherwise, so why not use it as the full price and convert it into silver and gold? For 1 copper, the life would be 1, for 1 silver, the life 100, for 1 gold, the life 10,000.

Thus, I'd use the item's life, then divide it from 100 or 10000 to check for copper and gold.

Hmmm...tough to do. Still working on it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.