• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A couple of questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Oh? Well very nice work then, once you're done. If it's well made (Triggered in JASS and is leak-free in other words...) then we'll consider adding you to the actual team!
~Craka_J

Nawt likely. I've never used JASS, so I have no idea how to do that. However, the system is very, very short (just the Math that was trouble to figure out) so it wouldn't be tough to convert.

Anyways, I just like this mod and it'd be neat to have a money system.

Level 5
I'm giving up, i can't make it work... here's my work... use it if you like it. :) (i would love some credits :) But if i wont get any, i will accept that :|

Mr_FJ.

Attachments

• WoW Gold System.w3x
    25.8 KB · Views: 48
Level 9
Okay, as far as I can see, it works without problem. The only problem I really see left is the fact that I can't instantly remove items, but it's really a cosmetic thing...hopefully I'll find a fix for it.

If anyone who tests it DOES find any bugs, pass 'em on to me and I'll fix them (unless the said tester knows how, and would be welcome to)

Attachments

• MoneyTest.w3x
    48.3 KB · Views: 37
Level 9
iron_warrior I spotted a bug. Since i couldn't wait for you to fix it I fixed it for you. Try killing your own mirror images. Well anyway here's the map modified. JASS? Nah you are doing everything right just remeber to clean everything, which you should do yourself. Oh if you're wondering who I am, im creating Warrior spells for Wc3WoW

-Av3n

Attachments

• MoneyTest.w3x
    48.3 KB · Views: 49
Level 9
iron_warrior I spotted a bug. Since i couldn't wait for you to fix it I fixed it for you. Try killing your own mirror images. Well anyway here's the map modified. JASS? Nah you are doing everything right just remeber to clean everything, which you should do yourself. Oh if you're wondering who I am, im creating Warrior spells for Wc3WoW

-Av3n

Ahh, can't believe I missed that! Thanks for fixin' it.

Could anyone check why my system dosn't work? I can't seem to find the problem... Please?

I just wanna know :(

You can't buy stuff with copper, and nothing transfers when you buy something, but don't have enough of a lower currency yet enough of a higher.

Edit:

You do realise there is no selling back to merchants in your system, right?

Yeah, I do, just didn't get around to doing it yet ;)

Level 25
Well you will come across a lot of useless items and valuable items in Wc3:WoW, so I hope you finish your currency system soon!
PS: I've added your currency system thing to the Change-Log. :grin:
Also, nice signature iron_warrior.
~Craka_J

Level 21
What I wonder: you give +26 copper from everyone lower than lvl 3. If you're not planning to add a certain amount to each unit type (which I can understand, it'd increase the length of your trigger quite a lot), are you going to add some sort of randomiser?

E.g: Player - Add ((level of dying unit)* random integer between (5 and 10)) to (Owner of (Killing unit)) Food used
This would add 5 to 10 copper from killing a lvl 1; 10 - 20 from killing a level 2 and 20-30 from killing a level 3.

Level 9
I didn't put much effort into the actually getting of the money part, Eleandor, most of my time was focused on the buying and transfering. My real snag was when I made a random number, how I could I get the floating text to coorispond to that number without assigning it a variable?

Level 9
Mmmm...if someone doesn't finish it soon, I might have to return to it to add in the selling system.

If I did, what would be the best way to display how much you get in return? Should I just write the price in the tooltip, then have a little Sell this item for half price tag at the top, or what?

The math probably won't be that tough, just divinding everything in two. Don't have to worry about if they don't have enough cash, either. Just adding it on.

Status
Not open for further replies.