• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

A Boot model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
This is my boots model, its the ACTUAL boot i'm going to use for my main model in my map.

It should be Sci-fi Model, and that thing doesn't even look like its from space.

Criticism is welcome.
Suggestions are more welcome.

+rep for good words :thumbs_up:

i made this in 10 min.

Edit #1:
So, it wasn't enough, so i kept adding new stuff and after some time i came up with this, picture #2.

Edit #2:
Keep in mind to save the models every time you edit something or make something, don't lose it like i did on power failure.
have to start from scratch. ~~

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 125
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Level 11
Sadly I have to say, that it is way to highpoly if used for wc3. The boot alone has more polies than a big standard unit. Besides to that it is a start, keep going.

Level 4
Sadly I have to say, that it is way to highpoly if used for wc3. The boot alone has more polies than a big standard unit. Besides to that it is a start, keep going.

I really don't like w3 models, they look so "squares", i have imported the BOOT in w3 and i don't really see any troubles using more polys, but it looks smooth and nice, whats wrong with it :S

i need to KNOWWW :S

Level 23
You could have had the same effect of "roundness" with way less polies though.
And I assure you, if you should finish the model with the same style polywise there will be a problem within wc3, because you won't end up with less than 10000 I guess, and that is a bit to much for wc3'S engine!

silly me, if it's intended to be a boot modell, but anyways, it's still tooo highpoly, just consider more of those attachments then... same effect

Level 4
I tried to take your advice, started new model from scratch.
I am not really happy with the results.

I'm a bit concern about the edges, its not a problem really, since whole model is going to be in armor, only some parts will be visible, and i like to make the armor with squares, but those parts where the armor is connected, looks like squares and it shouldn't if u know what i mean.

So are these to many polys as well?

Edit: I've considered putting cylinders on those places instead extruded squares, should be fun :)

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 63
Level 4
This should be okay now, it looks quite better than the other one I must admit :) Though, there is no problem in adding a "bit" more polies to make it a bit rounder, just don't add as much as before ;)
Trust me, when it is textured it will look way better :)

I know it will look better when textured, that's what i'm afraid of, i can't texture LOL.

and i can't even find someone to help, i asked for a "rifle gun fire" texture in the request section, noone have ever answered, it seems i'll finish the model and put normal colors on it, it will look like some cartoon based character, waste of talent :D

Edit: I've added/modified some stuff to make it look more smooth
I hope i'll finish this model in 1 week or so

Edit2: i ran on some trouble, connecting the legs and the torso, but i think i'll pass by it..
new image 3.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 71
  • rendered.jpg
    rendered.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 80
  • 515325.JPG
    515325.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Level 3
When you are learning do not limit yourself with restrictions. By time you get hang how things should be done and then go back to fix your very first models.
I am learning myself too, texturing part. I ended up with wreck but learned which mistakes to avoid and how texturing works. Bottom line is try things out and save often.

Status
Not open for further replies.