• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Favorite WC3 RP map

Favorite RP map?

• SotDRP

Votes: 24 41.4%
  • RARP

Votes: 8 13.8%
  • The Path of Ashes

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • CotMRP

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • HRP

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • Old RPs like DoBRP, BRP, MRP etc.

Votes: 8 13.8%
  • I don't RP.

Votes: 10 17.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
SotDRP is the best out there ATM, its fall backs include some missing triggers, no terrain editing, inability to set levers to doors. I attribute this to the map being made from scratch, unlike RARP.

Level 2
I'm going to have to say the oldies, just because I am pretty old school and It was the beginning for Roleplaying so therefore I think the other maps would not be where they are today if not for the oldies.

Level 1
The two "Brand New" RPes are best i mean RARP and SotDRP, I have voted SotDRP becouse i really like the new stuff in it, I mean hero commands like 'fly, and a Really greeeatt Terrain changer I mean all tiles avaible, Anyway SotD has it's bugs... Like evry other RP Anway it's :infl_thumbs_up:

RARP... What can i say about it... Finnaly Something new at terrains ! I mostly like the new RARP - Solaris I just like future RPes still in First version we found Female Marines Shop via Custom spawn... Someone was just too lazy to make the other group of attachment's attachable not to "Weapon" but to "Hand" in effect we had bugged Females... Anyway RARP is on the 2nd Place in my fav RP Maps list.

Level 36
SotDRP is the best out there ATM, its fall backs include some missing triggers, no terrain editing, inability to set levers to doors. I attribute this to the map being made from scratch, unlike RARP.

No terrain editing? There is terrain editing, and it owns all other maps' terrain editing. No more moving your spawner and typing again and again :D

I'm going to have to say the oldies, just because I am pretty old school and It was the beginning for Roleplaying so therefore I think the other maps would not be where they are today if not for the oldies.

SotDRP would. xD

Level 34
Please put Multiable Choices in the Poll or the vote ''All above.''

I like them all! Except for some DoBRPs (you know those with the shitty triggers, those ones)

Level 17
still in First version we found Female Marines Shop via Custom spawn... Someone was just too lazy to make the other group of attachment's attachable not to "Weapon" but to "Hand" in effect we had bugged Females...

Rofl, you found it. Nice. I didnt add it in because its bugged. I removed the model in the second version because it takes space. Is bugged T.T

Level 5
The two "Brand New" RPes are best i mean RARP and SotDRP, I have voted SotDRP becouse i really like the new stuff in it, I mean hero commands like 'fly, and a Really greeeatt Terrain changer I mean all tiles avaible, Anyway SotD has it's bugs... Like evry other RP Anway it's :infl_thumbs_up:

RARP... What can i say about it... Finnaly Something new at terrains ! I mostly like the new RARP - Solaris I just like future RPes still in First version we found Female Marines Shop via Custom spawn... Someone was just too lazy to make the other group of attachment's attachable not to "Weapon" but to "Hand" in effect we had bugged Females... Anyway RARP is on the 2nd Place in my fav RP Maps list.

The SotDRP RP Terrain changer is broken I hope you know. You can only change terrain to tiles available in the map. Anarki, ignorant of this, put all of them in the trigger, not realizing it will just terrain dirt.

Level 8
You didn't even know what a memory leak was until you had a small militia taunt you about it; so don't you talk Rever.

The terrain thing can allow you to place tiles from different sets; if you haven't noticed.

Level 5
You didn't even know what a memory leak was until you had a small militia taunt you about it; so don't you talk Rever.

Ah yes, I keep forgetting you are a very spiteful person with psychological issues of his own to work out.

I've never had anyone 'taunt' me about it other than yourself and some militia-man of your own called 'Tigerlilly' (happened to be on the Sotdrp credits... any correlation I wonder?), and of course your numerous spam bots. I notice you're a fan of I's and L's.

Level 36
The SotDRP RP Terrain changer is broken I hope you know. You can only change terrain to tiles available in the map. Anarki, ignorant of this, put all of them in the trigger, not realizing it will just terrain dirt.

All of them work in Cityscape. 'nuff said.
Plus, I don't mean the tiles, I mean the height. That thing is just brilliant.

Level 1
I will have to say RARP at the moment, though I have played Lord of Kings and it is awesome. RARP does have that brilliant raise and lower terrain system now. SotDRP is buggy like DOBRP sometimes. (And of the three arguing mapmakers Anarki is the most annoying :thumbs_down:)

Level 3
I never knew about any Cityscape other than SotDRP. Besides, SotDRP copies other maps. What is awesome is that everything other than terrain is unique. THE IDEA OF SPAWNERS AND UNIT SHOPS DOSN'T COUNT.

Pah, SotDRP isn't made from scratch, no RP map is, except for the very damn first one. That one was then reterrained multiply, then hijacked, and then that one was reterrained and hijacked. At least some people admit that they simply used the old triggers, then everyone's happy. Making a map from damn scratch is when you make a map YOURSELF 100%, terrain, triggers and everything else. Don't say it's made from scratch when it isn't...
I like HRP the most, then RARP. HRP 1.2 and 1.3, that is, not ... Castles ... *vomit*

Level 8
I created this map from scratch; you can compare the triggers from DoBRP and SotDRP, and they are totally different trigger sets. Go ahead - I've been told that a unprotected SotDRP was leaked.

All the unit spawns in SotDRP are different and unique from any other roleplay in existence.

The only thing unoriginal about SotDRP are the terrains; which permission for their use was formally acquired by their appropriate creators before the release of SotDRP, and this fact is about to change very soon.

So shut up, and don't assume.

You don't get what I'm saying, do you? If the triggers were made from scratch, but the terrain not, then just put that in as well. Hey, I like SoTDRP, but I think it's stupid to say that it's made from scratch when it isn't completely. Sure, if you edited the terrain and made it better, I'd say it's made from scratch, as the HRP / DoBRP terrains are sorta 2 hour terrains :/

Level 5
Oh God, It's ANARKI.
Bleh.
Honostly, My favorite isn't up there.
Can you guess what it is?
No, you can't.
That's because it isn't out yet.
Me (AKA TheOverWhelming) and Weyrling are making a RP, pretty much MADE except lack of builders, it's called TFoRP (The Future of RPing (No, NOT Future Themed)).

Plus, SotDRP clears unitgroups way too much. Try playing NewGen in that thing.
SotDRP IS the BEST RP out there AT THIS MOMENT, but not yet. I attend to change that. Plus, I can tell you half the things with the Object Editor is NOT original. I've seen the exact same unit in DoBRP, while different Raw Data codes, they ARE the same.
No, I will NOT tell you what their names are, because I don't remember.

Anyways, yeah. Why would I choose TFoRP? Because THERE IS NO SELECTION BUG, AT ALL. You can ask anyone who has tested it. The selection bug is NONEXISTENT.
Plus, I've converted nearly EVERY SINGLE UNIT, into a hero. No, Not the SAME model ones, I don't want to make a hero for individual tints, that what the TINT command is for.

Plus, we've editted the TERRAIN for Philosopher, bottom right re-done, the jail in the bottom middle changed to be changed into something else the player wishes. Removed the retarded island that has the runes and normally fails, and removed the house on a small island and changed it.

While you may not believe me now, it is true (we also got a NEW terrain).

And as for the OTHER RP maps, I don't play them because they are pretty much retarded most the time.

And, ONE last thing about Anarki's Triggers.
They fail, horrible way to find out what units are selected. Absolutely horrible and entirely unefficient.
Oh, and Anarki, if you wish to /r to me on that by saying "You don't know JASS" like all the others do, It's true, I don't know JASS but I can trigger GUI.

Level 8
...fail half year necro to whore out your map and take podshots at someone who doesn't give a fuck?

EDIT: Time to dismantle this post, cause I'm bored and on a sugar high.

Oh God, It's ANARKI.
Oh, god, it's a childish brat. Grow the fuck up.

Plus, SotDRP clears unitgroups way too much. Try playing NewGen in that thing.
I am just curious; do you even know what you are saying? "unitgroups clear way too much" - does it even matter, considering that I did the majority of SotDRP in GUI? You are taking a minor flaw and attempting to blow it out of proportion. And mentioning NewGen? C'mon, anyone can mention some advanced development environment with some senseless babble attached.

SotDRP IS the BEST RP out there AT THIS MOMENT, but not yet. I attend to change that.
You mean WEYRLING is going to change that.

Plus, I can tell you half the things with the Object Editor is NOT original. I've seen the exact same unit in DoBRP, while different Raw Data codes, they ARE the same.
No, I will NOT tell you what their names are, because I don't remember.
Oh, but you can't remember? Well, ain't that a goddamn shame; I'll tell you.
The shops are identical, and so are a couple of hero to unit conversions. Hardly half. Probably under 10%. Of course, you didn't know that, you just assumed that half of it was stolen, cause you think it would sound good.

Anyways, yeah. Why would I choose TFoRP? Because THERE IS NO SELECTION BUG, AT ALL. You can ask anyone who has tested it. The selection bug is NONEXISTENT.
That's a shit reason to choose a map as a favourite map. Yeah, you know what else has NO SELECTION BUG AT ALL?
DotA! So I'm going to choose DotA as my favourite RP map! Oh, wait, no, because it's shit to roleplay in.

Plus, I've converted nearly EVERY SINGLE UNIT, into a hero. No, Not the SAME model ones, I don't want to make a hero for individual tints, that what the TINT command is for.
Yay, now we can get dumb fucks with Fel Demons and fucking Tentacles as their main characters. And who the fucking hell thinks that "heroes" are important, anyway? Retards, that's right. Oh, wait, that's the majority of Battle.net RP'ers. Oops.

Plus, we've editted the TERRAIN for Philosopher, bottom right re-done, the jail in the bottom middle changed to be changed into something else the player wishes. Removed the retarded island that has the runes and normally fails, and removed the house on a small island and changed it.
Congratulations! You can edit a goddamn map! That's something to be applauded for! Oh, wait, it's not, either.

While you may not believe me now, it is true (we also got a NEW terrain).
Yeah, so does... lets see... SotDRP, RARP, Solaris, LoKRP, PoA, TRPS Renegade... unbelievable, isn't it?

And as for the OTHER RP maps, I don't play them because they are pretty much retarded most the time.
Wow, great way to add insult to injury.

They fail, horrible way to find out what units are selected. Absolutely horrible and entirely unefficient. Oh, and Anarki, if you wish to /r to me on that by saying "You don't know JASS" like all the others do, It's true, I don't know JASS but I can trigger GUI.
...do you know, really, how many proper ways there are to check selection?
Two. (in GUI). And I decided to use the style that DoBRP used; after reports of the other style causing massive selection bug. Furthermore, I now know JASS (albiet basic, but enough) - but I already knew the basics of JASS - as some of the triggers in SotDRP 1.02 are in JASS (mostly the array inits).

I might have respect for Weyrling, but for you, you are just a little shitling. So grow the fuck up, and think before you make another retarded necro post to take podshots at me, all the other hard working mappers who put a lot of effort into making their RP maps (except you Rever, you suck shit), and to whore out Weyrling's map, making it seem like the next LoKRP - a great dissapointment.

And that's funny, my spell check isn't working. >.>

Last edited:
Level 2
Oh God, It's ANARKI.
They fail, horrible way to find out what units are selected. Absolutely horrible and entirely unefficient.
Oh, and Anarki, if you wish to /r to me on that by saying "You don't know JASS" like all the others do, It's true, I don't know JASS but I can trigger GUI.

If you dont know Jass then your triggers are the same. GUI itself is horrible unefficient.

Level 36
Hmm... the two things I have gathered from this discussion is that Anarki is a twat, and as more maps come out the acronyms become stupider. TFORP? That sounds more like a woodchuck's mating call than a map name...

I'm gonna go make one, it's called SHDSAORP(A). Single Handedly Stupefying All Other RP (Acronyms).

Level 8
I don't really care about the fans anymore. I go out of my way to cause misery to public RP's (except in the case where the majority is actually decent at roleplaying, but we all know the chances of that are very slim).

What I do care about, is people doubting the amount of effort I put into my map; and that fucking pisses me off more then anything (except AncientofFail).

Level 17
Wow, this guy is like, proud now? You're making a fucking roleplaying map for a dying outdated game which is now basicly beat by half the new games coming out in the market.

Roleplay itself is pretty much dead. You're pretty fucking late to try and win some attention.

Level 4
Not trying to take anyone's side, because I try to stay as the peaceful... missionary(?)... But, all of you map creators need to cool it and grow up. All you guys do is smack talk to each other, and get nowheres with anything. Anarki, you said you didn't care what he said, but you just typed up a page-long reply to Over. And Over, don't advertise in a thread that mostly holds people that want to eat your toes. It's not a good idea.
Steel, why do you still visit these forums and play WC3 if it's so dead? I'm confused there.

Status
Not open for further replies.