• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

42 Years to the end of oil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

According to worldometers, there's 14,612 days to the end of oil "if consumed at current rates".

Are we prepared? :( I don't think so...

Gas and goal:
60,038 Days to the end of gas
151,208 Days to the end of coal

Level 22
Let's all prepare for the second stone age (or medieval?).

icon.png

Hyuk! mah boi, you don't need to be scared, you're gonna be dead by
that time anyways.

Yeah, I know.

I thin k scientists will figure out something.. I mean 40 years is a lot... Just look technological jump lets say from 1990 to 2010.

in '90 first cell phones in size of a brick, now internet, everything online.. you know
cars.. 2.0 engine wooow.. it gives you 100 hp, at 20l/100 km, now 1.3 diesel engine with large turbo 150 hp 4l/100km and still improving + alternatives..

*I'm drunk*

What I'm saying, "we" will figure it out somehow ;) Technology is mowing forward fast.

And not long ago I have red an article about oil.. and they said that oil is regenerating. Don't ask me how.. try to google it. :)

Level 16
Note it mentions at our current rate of consumption. Our cars and appliances are becoming much more fuel efficient. And remember that invention called ethanol? A renewable source of fuel which is compatible in cars. Not only are we reducing our fuel consumption in cars, but were also replacing crude oil with renewable fuel.

Ethanol is a renewable source of fuel. By that, I mean its sources can be replenished. It is made from plants, mainly sugar cane crop. Additionally there are less byproducts produced when ethanol is burned, releasing mainly just clean CO2. This is basic information. Google for more info.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethanol

I think some countries of Europe have 90% ethanol available at their petrol stations. Here in Australia it is only 10%. This is because there are problems associated with ethanol that I won't mention right now. But I'm sure there's a way we can improve ethanol.

Level 23
The end of oil is closer than 42 years.. The end of the use of oil as the main source of fuel anyways.

Electric cars are already pretty popular. Solar powered vehicles are entering the spotlight too. There's also ammonia, alcohol fuels, hydrogen fuel, biofuels and many more fuels that could replace the use of oil.

Level 22
That's right, but in some parts of the world (like ours Hera_) they still use coal plants to produce electricity. The masses (Philippines) doesn't want anything to do with nuclear power plant(s). That explains why our electric bills are so expensive, because the raw material for producing electricity is coal. That's why I'm preparing for the 2nd Stone Age.

I'll then proceed to kidnap those people who are against nuke plants and use them as batteries, matrix style.

Last edited:
Level 36
Let's all start freaking out and kill each other for resources!
- Bring forth WW3 BEFORE it ends.

At least, that's what the propaganda freaks want you to do,
and believe that everyone else will do.

We're more than perfectly prepared, and I've got a firm opinion that if it weren't for the
massive financial aspect of oil, we'd have seen a lot of groundbreaking innovation on this
front already. Let's have a little faith in humanity, can't we? >.>

And even though we haven't seen anything necessarily groundbreaking til now,
we're seeing a lot of measures taken in the right directions.

Level 22
@Keiji, I trust the people who are developing things to solve this problem, I'm expecting failure from the governing institution, not the scientists.

Every single evil creature will become poorer as results of the Earth's preservation - a thing they will never allow.

Lincoln ends slavery. Assassinated.
JFK wants unity. Assassinated.
MLK wants to end racism. Assassinated.
Remember the person who discovered clean car fuel? Assassinated.

So yeah, stand for what's right, get pretty popular and get assassinated in the long run.

Level 18
Every single evil creature will become poorer as results of the Earth's preservation - a thing they will never allow.

So yeah, stand for what's right, get pretty popular and get assassinated in the long run.

Ghaddafi wanted to unite africa and create a continental golden currency that will replace the dollar. You know what happened.

158487-albums5564-picture76718.gif

Level 13
Don't worry, I guess there is already a working solution for this, just yet oil has more money in it. As the resources consumed up, prices will increase, and then, when all oil fields are empty, suddenly an alternative solution will appear(probably at high costs again). However this is the least thing we shall worry about, a world war which involves nuclear weapons is a lot more threat. And when oil resources are on low(and there are still no alternatives), probably there will be a huge fuel crisis which then might turn into a WWX.

You know why ? It because they are insecure !!! and they are greedy !!
I don't know why they have people like those evil . . .

Level 14
Without oil, We're all fucked.

Best post here.

Anyway.
I got 2 point to support the reason oil is better than any other source of energy.
1st
Oil produces energy that can move machines at a great rate (20% of the enrgy givesis used while all other engines like hydrogyn produce less that 17% of the enrgy ofeered)
While a car fulled with oil can move x amount of distance a hydrogyn engined car can move x/4 of that distance (maybe less)
2nd
Just damn look around the place you sit right now.

Medeleyiev (or how it's called) said "Oil is too precious to get burned".

Atomic energy(a little dangerous).

Roland

R

Roland

I mean, Seriously? When did Ghaddafi was involved in this kind of Topic? If oil will be ended in the Next 42 years, we should start using Eco-Friendly shits.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Oil produces energy that can move machines at a great rate (20% of the enrgy givesis used while all other engines like hydrogyn produce less that 17% of the enrgy ofeered)
While a car fulled with oil can move x amount of distance a hydrogyn engined car can move x/4 of that distance (maybe less)

Yes, oil is very precious to us. I wonder if we can ever fully stop the usage of oil...

Level 22
Depends on oil type, my oils don't want me to move a muscle. Haha xD... sorry for the bad joke...

Level 23

Actually,
http://www.conserve-energy-future.com/Advantages_Disadvantages_HydrogenEnergy.php said:
5. Fuel Efficient : Hydrogen energy is very efficient fuel source than traditional sources of energy and produces more energy per pound of fuel. This clearly means that a car loaded with hydrogen fuel with go much farther than the one using same amount of traditional source of energy. - See more at: http://www.conserve-energy-future.c...tages_HydrogenEnergy.php#sthash.sa0B9VIr.dpuf

2nd
Just damn look around the place you sit right now.

Well, I don't see any damn oil around here. So your point?

Medeleyiev (or how it's called) said "Oil is too precious to get burned".

That's why it is better to find other source of energy.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
5. Fuel Efficient : Hydrogen energy is very efficient fuel source than traditional sources of energy and produces more energy per pound of fuel. This clearly means that a car loaded with hydrogen fuel with go much farther than the one using same amount of traditional source of energy.
This does not cover the problem of storing hydrogen. Sure it is more efficient, but good luck storing 1 kg of hydrogen in a same size/weight tank as 1 kg of petrol. This mostly stems from hydrogen being a gas and so having a stupidly low density at standard atmospheric pressure. Sure you can compress it into liquid form of similar density to fuel, but that requires very heavy storage containers, is considerably more dangerous and harder to handle than the storage of petrol.

Let us not forget the problem of hydrogen hardly being a natural resource like oil is. You cannot pump pure hydrogen out of the ground in useful quantities. Most hydrogen currently made is from refining oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.