• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

3ds max Export: Vertices not connected to Bone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
(files for testing attached below, if you can open .max files).

Hi all,

I use 3ds max 5 with Blizzard's War3 Art Tools.
When I export the model (attached bellow), the bones are animated, but the vertices are not attached correctly:

full

In 3ds max, the model itsself is set as a skin (envelope)
full

I used the User Property Editor of Blizzard Art Tools to mark the Bones as Bones
full

I set the animation markers in the note track, as the Blizzard Art Tool Documentation says
full

I prevented "float key controllers", which could make animations not be exported, with the help of republicolas mdx export for 3ds max
full

Attachments

• modeltest.max
    3 MB · Views: 32
  • modeltest_after_ConfigureKeyControllers.max
    1.5 MB · Views: 48
  • modeltest_war3export.MDX
    538.4 KB · Views: 34
Level 10
^^ I have a bunch of models all set in 3ds max now, it would be way too much work to reattach everything in mdlvis.

It's strange: When exporting 3ds max models with NeoDex Exporter or republicolas Exporter, the vertex-bone-connections are correct (but sadly, other errors sneak in).

Status
Not open for further replies.