• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

3D sounds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
ok... ive been having one problem the whole last month that prevented me from realising my version of "Sacred War Revolution" a map based on "Saint Seiya" of AoS type...

My problem was basicly Sounds...

i imported sounds in mp3 and wav... changed bit rates... and every single thing you may think (different programs and triggers...)

The thing is that i discovered the final solution to my problem.. and here it is...

If you import a sound and want to use it like a sound and not a music... you have to do the usual thing that this http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39234&highlight=sound and this http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31249 tutorials mention...

but... this way.. your sounds are gonna be heard all over the map... and sometimes you dont want that...

the way to solve this problem is so stupid that i feel like an @*// saying it...

you have to flag the sound variable as 3D... after this check the box that says "Stop when out of range"

and after doing that place in minimum range 750 (this way it worked for me... you may try diferent ones) [[yes.. i searched hive forum for this solution.. but couldnt find it.. :S]]

Solucion.jpg

srry for posting this here.. is that i dont know where to place it... but this issue may be a headache for somebody thats the reason i make this topic...

thx a lot guys for the ideas you gave me ^^

Last edited:
Level 11
i added that tutorial and another one more on my post... (all i could find...)

i also found that someone (Think jaakkar was) said that he could fix this issue by replacing internal sounds... but i think is better this way ^^

Last edited:
Level 10
this is helpful, because im actually having the same problem right now and its holding my map back, so thanks!

P.S like the avatar :p

Level 11
if you take a look at the info i highlighted on the pick... one of those squares holds the quality of my wavs... if you use that your sounds are gonna suck in quality... but they are gonna be very small in size... try using windows sound recorder (i used that one) it is very useful...

PS: Im glad i could help ^^

Level 11
If you import a sound and want to use it like a sound and not a music... you have to do the usual thing that this http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39234&highlight=sound and this http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31249 tutorials mention...

but... this way.. your sounds are gonna be heard all over the map... and sometimes you dont want that...

the way to solve this problem is so stupid that i feel like an @*// saying it...

you have to flag the sound variable as 3D... after this check the box that says "Stop when out of range"

and after doing that place in minimum range 750 (this way it worked for me... you may try diferent ones) [[yes.. i searched hive forum for this solution.. but couldnt find it.. :S]]

Solucion.jpg

is there a way to add the part i quoted to the sounds tutorials that i mentioned ?

because what i said here is in non of those... and may be of assistance to somebody...

besides... make a tutorial for these ... i think it is pointless... but adding to the existing ones may help

PS: sorry for reviving

any mod opinion?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.