• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

3D Models 101

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Howdy! I have been needing specific custom models for my wc3 maps. Unfortunately these models don't exist and I haven't been able to find anyone to make these models for me. So now I want to learn how to make my own custom models for warcraft 3 maps (reforged) and eventually for video games in general. I'm super clueless on where to even begin. I would love the help on how to make warcraft models, on what tutorials I could watch or read to get the basics down, and what program/s I will need. I apologize for these novice questions, I just simply can't find any updated threads on this subject. Thank you to all who read this and help :)!

Level 21
Check out the following (might have some scrolling to do, since YT thought it'd be clever to remove the sort by oldest feature):

All tools are on the Hive:
(also check their requirements like frame network etc)

I suggest starting with alternating/manipulating existing models in Magos and Retera model studio, plus mdlvis.

Level 34
Check out the following (might have some scrolling to do, since YT thought it'd be clever to remove the sort by oldest feature):

All tools are on the Hive:
(also check their requirements like frame network etc)

I suggest starting with alternating/manipulating existing models in Magos and Retera model studio, plus mdlvis.
I wish Retera's tutorials were as clear as HerrDave's tutorials :(

I wish Retera's tutorials were as clear as HerrDave's tutorials
Sorry I only just now saw this. Do you think you could DM me or something with advice for better tutorials? I might have time at some point for making better tutorials

Status
Not open for further replies.