• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

3:rd Person Camera System

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
I made a camera system where you can change the angle up and down with the arrows on the keyboard. If he doubble clicks on the arrowkeys Up and Down he will not change the angle but it will zoom in and out instead. You can turn to the left/right angle (also that with the arrowkeys) as long as you want, the camera do not turn if the unit turns.

Assasin_Lord has made the terrain and all the models, give him credits if you use one of the models.

13loodyRose help me with the testing of this map, I even made a Pitlord on the map for him.

ScreenShots

Keywords:
camera, system, rpg, single, person, 3:rd
Contents

3:rd Person Camera System (Map)

Reviews
23:22, 18th Dec 2009 TriggerHappy: Review for 3:rd Person Camera System Player Groups are not the way to go with this. A boolean array would be the best (and fastest). Also a 0.01 timer period is too small of an interval. Use 0.03...

M

23:22, 18th Dec 2009
TriggerHappy:

Review for 3:rd Person Camera System

Player Groups are not the way to go with this. A boolean
array would be the best (and fastest).

Also a 0.01 timer period is too small of an interval. Use 0.03
or above.

The only reason I would even consider approving this is because
it allows arrow key control which sets it apart from the other systems.

Status

Rejected

well it seems that you and Koeky are friends or Koeky is a big noob...

the GUI triggering is EXTREMELY bad:
its inefficient:
could be done in 7 instead of 14 variables (in GUI)
could be done in 10 instead of 14 triggers (in GUI)
it works only for player 1 - 6

in addition we have many better cam systems here...
i suggest reading some tutorials and simply experimenting...

but for this 1/5

Level 4
Koeky is not my friend and 1/5 for that I hade some more triggers and variables than you wanted, and it works for all 12 players...
Unitgroups with arrays bugs so i used 4 diffrent groups instead of one with array, yes.
I updated it, so now its a few less variable but the same amout of triggers

lol :/

Level 4
It aways bugs for me, I have made it in 4 maps (one of them with JASS) and no one worked...

I will try making "PickeveryPlayer and do Action" and make a condition that "Boolean=True", something like that to make less variables.

If I make the "PickeveryPlayer and do Action" and make a condition that "Boolean=True" It will be the same amout of variables so I dont.

Last edited:
Information
This spell rating was done by Midnighters.
Ratings
Creativity Rating:5/5
Usefulness Rating: 5/5

Leakless? : Yes

Comment
I have never seen someone actually submit a camera system they have made, and this could help many people with many maps.
Recommendations
If I may, I recommend maybe also adding a way for them to lower and raise the camera towards the ground, and by that I mean to where they can do an aerial view or a directly behind the unit view.
Thank you for reading this,
Midnighters

Level 17
At the top right of the spell there's "Update"... click that, then the new page has a part saying "Picture" or "Scree-shot" (can't remember, but something related). Put the link to where your pic. is in the hardrive there.

No offense, but how hard can using the internet get!? :s

Level 4

If I may, I recommend maybe also adding a way for them to lower and raise the camera towards the ground, and by that I mean to where they can do an aerial view or a directly behind the unit view.

If you doubble clicks the up/down bottoms it in one seconds spacetime or less and holding it in it will zoom, test it and say whate you think.
And It will change angle if you clicks normaly

Last edited:
Level 4
Go into the Trigger Editor, then you create the trigger (Crtl+T), then you put any Event(s) (Crtl+E) you want, after that you put any Condition(s) (Crtl+D) if you want, and finaly you create a Action (Crtl+R) and goes into the Action Type "Specialeffect" there you have "Create Special Effect" "At Point" or "On Unit". Choose "On Unit" and there is some text "Create a special effect attached to the overhead of (Triggering unit) using Abilities\Spells\Other\TalkToMe\TalkToMe.mdl", done change overhead or the effect Abilities\Spells\Other\TalkToMe\TalkToMe.mdl, it is the >!< you wanted so do not change it either. Do only change (Triggering unit) to the unit you want to get the effect on.

Level 4
Nice camera :D i wish someone made a real good rpg with this kind of camera, an rpg were you pick up a item like a shield and your hero gets that shield in his hand.

I was making an rpg just like that where my friend made models and you where a villager from the beggining but pick up items and then used it på wear and it apeard the item on your villager. But we layed it down, but it is still in my registers.